Chapter 12

Nicole

I felt a thrill run through me as we left the raucous din of the main clubroom and headed down a hallway. Where's he going to take me? My hand felt small inside his. Small, but it fit perfectly.

He was giving me a tour, but I think we both knew that's not all he, we, had in mind. Will we get more than a few minutes alone?

"There's a kitchen there. If you want something I'll get a pledge to cook something up for you. Then down here are the rooms."

"The rooms?" Is he going to take me into a room? My mind began to wander as I thought about what he might do to me, and what I might do to him.

"Yeah, sometimes the guys stay here. This one here, that's Bigfella's. This one is Brodie's. Then the next one is Bottle's. The others are for whoever."

I frowned. "You don't get one?"

"Nope," he grinned at me. He's hiding something! "I got the penthouse, baby."

I laughed. "The penthouse? Uh-huh. Sure."

He laughed again. "Seriously. Okay, it's not a fancy penthouse or anything, but it's still the penthouse. I mean, it's what we call it."

I was intrigued. What did he mean? I continued to follow him as we passed the doorways and reached the end of the hallway. Jase opened a doorway that led outside to what I figured was the back of the clubhouse.

The cool desert air filled my lungs and I breathed deeply. It was refreshing to be outside again after the mayhem of the clubhouse interior.

I followed Jase around a corner to a metal spiral staircase. "Come on." He continued to hold my hand behind him as he led me up the winding stairs to the roof of the Sons of Mayhem headquarters.

When we got to the top he stopped. "Look." He waved his hands up towards the sky.

I looked up and gasped. It was beautiful. The music from inside was faint and now the night time sounds of the living desert were dominant. Up above the sky was blanketed with stars. It was a perfectly clear night.

"Come on." I was disappointed to look down, and then saw where Jase was leading me. Ahead of us, in the middle of the roof, was a trailer. Penthouse. Haha. Whoever heard of a trailer penthouse?

Jase grinned, he seemed proud of it. "I told you it's not much. But it's mine. And it keeps me away from the ruckus downstairs. Wanta see?"

"Sure." What's he going to show me?

***

We stood facing each other inside his small trailer, his jacket still wrapped around my shoulders. My head spun, just a little, but I wasn't sure if it was from the drinks or from the man in front of me.

I thought back to a week before, when I'd finally decided I'd had enough of my boring life, and wanted something more exciting. Well holy shit, I guess my life certainly did get more exciting. And where the hell is Lucy?

Jase's voice was low and rich as he spoke, "What a day. But thank God I finally got you alone. I promised, right?"

I nodded. In my lightheaded state and after the day I'd had I found myself becoming someone I'd never been before. Not a totally different me, but more confident, cocky. Seductive. "Oh yeah? What are you going to do to me?" Say it; say what you'll do to me.

He stepped closer to me. His eyes smoldered as they bore into mine. "What do you want me to do to you?" He raised his eyebrows slightly. I wanted him so bad.