she likes girls

she likes girls a faberry oneshot
by kurthummels

rachel smiled whole-heartedly as the music was blaring, glancing over at quinn every second she could. their dates had gotten escorted out of the prom during blaine's rendition of im not gonna teach your boyfriend how to dance with you, and since then quinn had just not moved from her spot.

rachel slows down and eventually just stands still, staring at the beautiful blond as the world around her disappears, before processing anything her feet started making their way towards her.

"quinn" she whispered, standing above the blond girl with a light smile on her face. her lips pursed when she looked up at her with tears in her eyes. "come on lets go" she bit her lip, holding out a hand which quinn hesitantly took.

-

"you know you're a very pretty girl quinn" rachel speaks out, turning the corner on her route home. "i dont live this way" quinn whispers out, looking down at her feet as she kicked them against rachel's car floor. "i know, you're spending the night at my place" rachel softly smiles, looking at quinn hesitantly yet quickly. "why-" the blonde starts on before being interrupted.

"my dads are currently out in new york for the opening of a new broadway show, i could've went but you know i had already promised jesse, sam and mercedes i'd go to prom with them. and i dont know i guess i just didnt wanna spend the night alone." rachel admits, pushing down on the breaks as she reached a red light. "why didn't you just ask mercedes" quinn mumbles, reaching up and taking her hair out of the uncomfortable up-do it was in.

"that was the plan initially. but after what went down with finn and jesse i had wanted to leave just as much as you did, so i thought why not? i didn't want there to be any unfortunate unresolved tension between us because our dates are such knuckle heads. but i also-"

"do you ever stop talking" quinn snapped, as rachel continued driving when the annoyingly long red light shifted to green. "im sorry" she mumbled, making a left. "take me home" quinn complained.

"well if you were to listen what i had to say i was going to add on; i didnt want you to be alone either. i know your mom started working a over-night shift so you spend six out of seven days alone in the hours where no teenage wants to be alone." rachel added on, focusing on the second left turn, completely missing quinns face turn from anger to thankfulness. "how did you hear about that" quinn spoke a little louder this time, trying to hide the guilt for belittling rachels generosity in her voice. "well you know, when you attempt to teach yourself to be quiet for at least ten minutes in a room full of.. teenagers like us; you become observant and hear what people like talking about." rachel admitted, avoiding the purpose of the question.

"that doesnt explain how you know" quinn raised her eyebrow, watching as rachel pulled into a driveway and turned her car engine off. "i heard you tell finn" rachel answered, pulling up her keys and grabbing the correct one to unlock her front door, quinn traipsing behind after her.

"i dont have anything to wear" quinn shyly admitted, both rachel and her pausing when they notice the change in her voice. "no problem, i have a pair of black comfy shorts you can wear. they seem out of my style range because my outfits are more on the innocent school girl chic side, but they're good for sleeping and dancing. as for a shirt, i think i have a couple of medium mens shirts that i only wear when i use my creative genius for messy things." rachel babbles on, digging through her dresser and pulling out the shorts and a big mens t-shirt. "also because mens clothes are just more comfortable" rachel winks, grabbing a pink mens shirt of her own along with slightly tighter purple shorts.