Jealousy Pt. 3- Lafayette x reader

Reader gender: female
Warnings: swearing, family arguments, fluff
A/N: Last part is finally here! There's a chance I'll rewrite the first one from Laf's POV but that won't be for a long time.

When you woke up, you nearly screamed when your realized what day it was. Today, you would officially be Y/N de Lafayette. You had woken up at about seven with your wedding starting at five. You internally groaned, knowing the sisters would be here any minute to pick up you and your sister.
However, the adrenaline of the situation overcame your annoyance and you quickly hopped out of the bed that Lafayette had left previously. You got changed into a dress with a loosely tied corset that you knew would be tightened later.
You went down to the kitchen to grab breakfast and was greeted by your beaming sister.
"Y/N!" She screeched, choking you in one of her infamous hugs. "Are you ready? Gilbert left an hour ago, he said to tell you he love you, and you got a letter from mom."
She held out a expensive looking envelope for you to take. You gingerly took it, scared of what it might say. After ungracefully ripping open the envelope, you took out the piece of parchment and smiled at the once familiar handwriting.
'Dearest Y/N,' it read, 'I hope this letter finds you in good health. I don't believe I will be able to congratulate you enough for finding a man you truly love. My marriage with your father was arranged and, despite our acting, we despise each other. However, it gained us more money so we stayed together. I regret not being as brave as you and now being stuck with someone I do not love. I wish I could be there to congratulate you myself but, your father forbids it. I am glad to hear S/N made it. She may also have an arranged marriage but, she and her fiancé do not seem to mind each other. Remember that I love you and I sincerely hope your marriage is successful and brings you much happiness.'
You had to wipe a tear or two from your face when you finished reading the letter. It had never really occurred to you just how much you missed your mother. She was always there for you when your father was cruel to you. How could you not miss a woman as amazing as her?
"I miss her." You sighed.
"I know, sis, I know." S/N wrapped her arms around your shoulders and gave you a reassuring squeeze.
You heard a knock at the door and quickly went to answer it, knowing it to be Angelica and Eliza. The girls bombarded you with hugs the moment you opened the door.
"What are you crying about, girl? There's no crying on the wedding day!" Angelica exclaimed, wiping away the remainder of your tears with her thumb.
"Sorry I just got a letter from my mom." You laughed.
"Well come on, we've got work to do!" Eliza grabbed you by the hand and dragged you out of the house with Angelica and S/N in tow.
Gilbert was getting ready at the Hamilton household so you would be working at Angelica's.
You walked past John, who was reading a book in the couch, and continued until you got to Angelica's room. The girls pushed you into a chair and swarmed you, gripping all sorts of different hair and makeup products.
Better make yourself comfy, Y/N, you're gonna be there for a while.
____

When they had finally finished, they turned you away from the mirror and helped you into your wedding dress.
"Ready to see?" Eliza asked excitedly.
"I've been ready for the three hours you've been doing it." You sighed.
They laughed lightly and guided you to a mirror. You couldn't help but gasp at the sight before you.
Your hair was done in a braid crown whilst the remainder of it cascaded down your shoulders in soft curls. Small white flowers peeked through the hairs that were circling your head with one large white rose making its appearance above your right ear.
Your makeup was light, but still breathtaking. Any and all blemishes were covered with a layer of foundation and powder. Pale pink dusted your cheeks. Solid black lines came together to make a sharp wing at the edges of both eyes with white eyeshadow contradicting it. Intense red lipstick lined your full lips.
All that, paired with your gorgeous dress, was enough to take your breath away.
You turned and gripped each girl in a bone-crushing hug.
"It's amazing. Thank you guys." You breathed.
After all the other girls were finished with makeup and hair, it was nearing four. You shook with nerves as you all loaded into a carriage to take you to the wedding venue.
"It's going to be okay. Don't worry." Angelica assured you, softly rubbing your knee.
"But what if a tornado comes? What if the food gives everyone diarrhea? What if Gilbert hates my dress? Oh god, what if my dad shows up?" Anxiety overwhelmed you as you listed off all the possible things that could go wrong.
"Y/N M/N L/N, as your bridesmaids, S/N, Angelica and I are going to make this the best wedding you could possibly have. I guarantee you that none of those things will happen." You smiled at Eliza's promise.
"Thanks, I'm just-" you took a shaky breath, "I'm just really nervous."
"We can tell." S/N laughed.
You exited the carriage and entered the small building in front of the place where the wedding would actually be held. Alexander waited for you there, as he would be the one walking you down the aisle.
After waiting for a few moments in eager anticipation, you were informed that the groomsmen and groom had finished walking up and you were clear to go.
You nervously watched Eliza exit through the back door. Applause could be heard as she walked down the aisle. Next came S/N. Sweat seeped from your plans into the stems of your bouquet as your time grew closer. Finally, Angelica left leaving just you and Alex.
"Ready?" He asked, holding out his arm.
"As ready as I'll ever be." You responded, linking his arm with yours.
"Wouldn't it be better if your real father walked you down the aisle?" A voice you hadn't heard in a long time spoke from behind you.
You whipped around, terrified of what you would find.
"Dad?" You asked in astonishment. "Why are you here? Get the fuck away from me! You ruined part of my life I'm not going to let you ruin today!"
"Y/N, calm down. I came to congratulate you." He took a step forward.
"Bullshit! Stay away from me!" You took a step back, running into the door you were about to walk through previously.
You dad's arms were in the air as he took another small step in an attempt to get to you.
"You heard her, back off!" Alexander demanded as he stepped in front of you.
"Please, I-" he was cut off by the doors opening, which you quickly stepped away from.
Gilbert stepped through, quickly taking on the surroundings of Alexander blocking you from the man Gilbert recognized as your father.
"You're that little brat that Y/N threw a hissy fit about three years ago! This is- of course. Why am I surprised that you would marry someone like this." Your father directed his last comment at you.
Gilbert hurried to your side as you stepped out from behind Alex. "Mi amour," he gripped your arm, "are you alright? I heard the yelling. Do I need to get him out of here?"
"No, Gil, it's okay. Let me just talk to him for a moment. Alone, if you would." You pleaded.
Alex and Gilbert reluctantly left the room, shooting daggers at your father as they passed.
"Y/N, please hear me out. I just-"
"Shut up." You snapped, "Look, I know you didn't just come here to kiss my cheek and call it a day. I know you're still pissed because you told mom that you guys wouldn't come except, you're here and she's not, meaning you lied to her. So you must have come with a reason that she wouldn't approve of."
He let out a half hearted laugh, "Well done Sherlock. Yes, I suppose I'm not here with the best intentions. At least, not to you. I came to ask you to change your mind. When I received your invitation, I realized how much I missed you." He put a hand on your arm which you retracted immediately.
"You never cared about me. You just wanted me so I could marry someone rich. And once your slow mind works it out that 'wow this guy actually has a lot of money', you'll be begging me to come back because you are just that desperate. But you're not my family anymore so you can just leave." You allowed all your pent up rage to shine through in your small rant, shocking your father.
He sighed in defeat, "Fine. I'll leave you alone and never speak to you again if that's what you want. Just say the word."
"Get the fuck out." You growled.
Without another word, he left the building just in time for Alex to enter again.
"Sorry to barge in. Laf got worried and- oh he left."
"Yeah. So, are we ready to go now?" You asked, trying to push any leftover thoughts of your dad out of your mind.
"If you are." He held out his arm once again.
Nodding, you took his arm and opened the doors.
People stood and clapped when they saw you finally come out. An old lady sitting at a piano started playing a classical piece you had picked out. You looked to the end of the aisle to see Gilbert, looking worried but still smiling. When you eventually reached the end of the aisle, the music stopped, everyone sa down and Alex gave you a tight hug before going to stand in his spot behind Gilbert.
"You look beautiful." Gilbert whispered, taking your hands in his.
"You literally saw me about ten minutes ago." You laughed.
"That may be true, but that still doesn't change facts."
The priest cleared his throat for attention before you could respond. However, you couldn't care less about what he had to say. He talked for what seemed like hours while all you thought about was how lucky you were.
You didn't realize it was time for vows until Gilbert started talking. "Y/N," he said, "my love, the moment I laid eyes on you at that ball is a moment I'll never forget. You changed my life with that one glance. As John or Alex or Herc can tell you, I was jealous of Lee before I even knew your name. Just from watching you I could tell that a man like Lee wasn't worthy of you. God, I'm sounding stalkerish again, aren't I?"
You gave a light laugh, shaking your head.
"That's good. The year we spent together before I went off to war was the best year of my life. Knowing I would get to wake up and see your face every morning made me almost as happy as actually seeing you. Your smile makes my day and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life seeing it."
"Gilbert," You started, "you saved my life that night at the ball. You were the reason I yelled at Lee and managed to get my life back. And when my father disowned me and you took me in, oh I can't thank you enough for that. You are one of the kindest men I've ever met and I am elated that I have the honor of spending the rest of my life with you rather than a coward that I don't love. You are truly the highlight of my life. I love you, Gilbert."
"I love you, too, Y/N." He sighed.
"The rings?" The priest called.
Lafayette's little sister walked hurriedly down the aisle, holding a cushion adorned with two rings. You each took a ring and she quickly made her way back to her seat.
"Do you, Marie- Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert du Motier, Marquis de Lafayette, take Y/N M/N L/N to be your lawfully wedded wife? To love and to hold, to cherish, until death do you part?"
Gilbert slipped the ring onto your finger, "I do." he whispered, his eyes nearly flooding with tears.
"And do you, Y/N M/N L/N, take Marie- Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert du Motier, Marquis de Lafayette to be your lawfully wedded husband? To love and to hold, to cherish, until death do you part?"
You put the ring on Gilbert's finger, a tear of your own sliding down your cheek, "I do."
"Then, without further ado, I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride."