Chapter Twenty-Nine

Chapter Twenty-Nine: 

~Guin Vulcan's POV

                After the Togruta and other clone left I vanished into the refreshers. I locked the door and then took a nice deep breath. Okay. I had no idea had just happened. It was all too fast and too chaotic. At least we were all safe. I think.

                I stripped off my clothes and got into the shower. The hot water felt good on my back. Healing. Cleansing. Comforting.

                Suddenly, I heard my comm beeping from the hidden device in my shoe. An icy hand of fear clutched my chest, and I stopped breathing. Oh, not now. Please, not now. The device kept beeping. I tried ignoring it however, and just focused on my shower. After a few moments it stopped, and I could breathe again. More or less.

                Now, instead of terror I felt guilt. I haven't been honest with any of them. I used to be a Separatist spy. More or less. Being an entertainer and celebrity, I could easily mingle among the senators and rich Republic citizens. I made big money collecting secrets, security codes, and private information and selling it to the Separatists. I had quit however to move to Coruscant and begin a modeling career. But still, I kept a special comm to contact the Separatists in my boot. I had forgotten I had even had it there.

                My hands started to shake as I turned off the shower and toweled myself dry. I was scared. I didn't know what to do. I didn't belong here on the run. I belonged back on Coruscant. To heck with my dreams of being a mercenary. I did not like this. I did not like this at all.

                I changed into the clean clothes the Togruta gave me then sat down on the floor next to my boots. I mulled over my options. I could stay here, in hiding, and eventually probably get caught by the Republic and the Separatists or whoever was in charge now. It was impossible to tell after the Jedi slaughter and turning of the clones. Or, I could turn everyone in and go back to Coruscant.

                Both ideas made me nauseous. I loved my friends. They were one of the best things to happen to me. Especially Bolt. But, was it worth it? Was my risk of my safety and life worth their friendship? I didn't know. But my hands were moving to my boot before I even realized it.

                Next thing I knew the comm was in my shaking hands. I pressed the button and whispered, "Trace this call. You will find clone deserters and a Jedi here."

                "Thank you. Sending troops now. Good work, Vulcan," said a voice on the other end.

                And then the call was over.

After taking about five minutes to pull myself together, I left the bathroom with my old clothing bundled up in my arms. Cody went into the refreshers after me. I gave him as best a smile as I could as he passed. He returned it.

                Oh, Force, what have I done?

                I stood there in the hallway for a moment wondering what to do. It was almost like being in a dream. My feet found their way over to the door of the room Bolt was in and my knuckles made their way against the wood. After a moment the ARC trooper opened the door. He was wearing the civilian clothes and his blue hair was a bit disheveled.

                "What is it Guin?" he asked.

                "I-if it's not too much to ask, can I stay in here with you?"