Chapter Three

Chapter Three POV: Audrey

After we left the library we went straight to my house so I can get my clothes.

"Fifteen minutes tops" I told him, as I got out of the car. He nodded.

I got into my room and just dumped all my clothes into my two suitcases. I got my toiletries from the bathroom then went downstairs to write a note for my mom telling her to call me when she got home. I was going to the car and stopped on the porch when I saw Jacob standing against the car cradling the babies smiling. He didn't see me so I stood there silently cherishing the moment. He looked so sweet standing there cradling the babies rocking them back and forth.

I was just about to step off the porch when I heard a soft melodious voice. I looked up at Jacobs face to see him singing. Dang! That guy could sing. He was amazing! I hummed along to the song he was singing which was Isn't She Lovely by Stevie Wonder.

I finally got off the porch when he finished singing the song. He looked up and smiled when he heard my bags rolling along the sidewalk. I was surprised. Instead of a smirk on his lips it was a real genuine smile. I couldn't help but smile back. "You heard that didn't you?" He asked when he saw the look on my face.

"Yes! Oh my God! That was amazing!" I practically screamed.

"Shh you'll wake the babies. Anyway. No one know I sing. Not even my mom. You're the only one that knows." He said. I smiled. "You shouldn't hide your talent especially when your'e that good." I complimented.

"Thanks. I guess i'm just embarrassed since I'm supposed to be the bad boy and I can sing. Now why don't we go to the apartment to get settled then we can go shopping for the babies."

"What about your clothes?" I asked with a frown.

"Don't worry we get them when we are done shopping," he assured me.

I hop in the back seat so I can hold the babies while Jacob drives since we don't have car seats and Mr. Machonie didn't bother to tell us where to get them from the school. The ride to the apartment was mostly quiet until we went over a speed bump which caused both the babies to wake up and start crying. The noise was awful. Especially in such a confined space.

I cradled them both, one in each arm and rocked them back and forth hoping they would stop crying. When it had been three minutes of rocking with no progress I told Jacob to do something. He pulled over to the side of the road and got in the back with me. He took them both out of my arms and rocked them back and forth. He started singing again. This time he sang All of Me by John Legend. I hummed along until the babies stopped crying. He turned and smiled.

I sighed and leaned my head against the seat. "Thanks. I don't know how long that would've taken if I didn't have someone like you as a partner," I smiled, "I thought you were going to be a jerk and not help out at all." I confessed.

"I'm really not a jerk," He muttered quietly. Getting louder he said, "I just act that way to keep people out of my business. Yeah I may be rude and jerky but i'm actually pretty nice." He smiled sadly, "I'm upset you thought i wouldn't help. Of course i'll help we are seventeen and they are expecting us to take care of a baby. Two babies in our case. I couldn't imagine anyone in our class taking care of a real baby all themselves at the age of seventeen. If you left me to take care of the twins all by myself i would probably fail not knowing what to do but with two people it must be easier than one."

After hearing this I couldn't believe I thought that he wouldn't help. It turns out that he is really nice and I had been hating him for no reason which isn't fair. I had to stop hating him and start being friends with him.

"I'm so sorry."

"it's fine. Iv'e been hateful to you since we were in eighth grade. We are now Juniors in High School. We need to forget why we hated each other and start over... Now that I think of it," he laughed, "I don't even know why we started hating each other in the first place."

I chuckled. "Okay. Friends?"

"I think it's to early to say friends so let's say acquaintances."

I nodded my head. We had to start somewhere. "Acquaintances?" I said holding out my hand for him to shake.

He laughed, saying, "I'll shake later. My hands are a little full," nodding towards the babies in his hands.

That's when i remembered. We still haven't named them. I was nervous on naming them because the names we choose will be there names for the rest of there lives. "What are we going to name them," I reminded him.

"Oh yeah. Um. How about Autumn for the one with brown eyes. Since Iv'e named one you should name the one with hazel eyes."

I nodded my head. I hadn't even realized they both had two different colored eyes. I haven't looked at them properly. Hmm. What should I name the little cutie? I've always like them name Penny. Yeah. I'll name her Penny. "I like Autumn. Her eyes remind me of the season. Let's name the other one Penny. Penny has always been a favorite of mine."

"Okay," he said looking down at the twins. "Autumn and Penny. I like it." He looked back to me. "Why don't we just go shopping now since we are closer to the mall than we are to the apartment. WE need to get them clothes, food, and most importantly car seats so 1) they can be safe and 2) you can sit with me up front," he said winking.

He looks so hot when he wi-Whoa! Don't even go there Audrey. You guys aren't even friends. Just acquaintances. I blushed.

I agreed we do need baby stuff. "Okay let's go"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi its Maddie.

This is the longest chapter I've made so far and i'm really excited. I don't know why lol

adios