4

Alex and Madylinn were on a train in the middle of the Egyptian desert with Lock-Nah, Meela, and Imhotep.

"Do you have the Book of the Dead?" Lock-Nah asked Meela.

Alex listened carefully. He knew about this important book from his mother and aunt.

"Yes", Meela answered.

"When Lord Imothep last encountered the O'Connells... they sent his immortal soul to the underworld. As powerful as he will become, he is still vulnerable. The book will help Imhotep. But only with the army of Anubis will he be invincible. He will need your help. Keep this book with you always."

A soldier came into the car.

"Lord Imhotep wishes to meet the boy. And the woman later."

Lock-Nah pushed Alex to the other end of the train and into Imhotep's car.

"Now we shall see how brave you are."

Madylinn watched them nervously and scared. At the same time, the door of Meela's car opened and Red, Jacques, and Spivey pushed inside. Red carried another interesting old box. It was from the most important museum in Cairo.

"Did you acquire what we asked?"

"We got your box for you, all right. Here it is. You know what? We had to kill two of those guards at the mausoleum to acquire it."

"This chest is cursed. It says there is one... the undead... who will kill all those who open the chest."

"Yes and the creature will suck them dry then become whole again."

"We've all heard this story before."

"Yeah, but I heard the yanks who found it ten years years ago all died."

Madylinn flinched when she remembered Burns, the Egyptologist, Henderson and Daniels and how they died.

"Horrible deaths, they were. So with that in mind."

"We want ten!"

"The agreement was for five."

"Well, we want ten thousand pounds for it, not five. We know about the thing inside it. Ten or we will take it elsewhere", Red said.

"Yes. Ten will be just fine. Follow me gentlemen", Meela said, "he will pay you."

At the other end of the train, Alex looked around the dark car and saw the back of a tall man. But when the man turned around, Alex saw a face with no eyes in it. It was the face of Imhotep, the undead. He felt afraid.

"It is you who are the chosen one... You have the bracelet. you will take me to Ahm Shere", Imhotep began.

"What if I don't? I don't want to help you! What if I get a little lost?" Alex said.

"I see. You have strength, little one. You're your father's son, but I know something you don't. This bracelet is a gift... and a curse. The sands of time... have already begun to pour against you", the mummy said.

"Yeah, I already heard this part. From the minute I put the bracelet on... seven days do I have before the Scorpion King wakes up."

"Did you also hear that if you do not enter the pyramid... before the sun strikes it on that very morning... that the bracelet will suck the life out of you?"

"That part I missed. Hey, wait a minute. That means I've only got five days left."

"Then I believe it will be best if we do not get lost, don't you?"