Water in an Ocean

Ash hoped it was okay she’d sent a message to Giovanni. She’d been bored and had wanted to just do something, and ended up thinking about sending a quick message to him and asking how he was. She’d remembered the number on the back of the letter he’d left for her, and had kept it not only in her pokédex but had actually memorized it.

No one’s ever given her their number before after all.

And in the spur of the moment, she decided to take a selfie, that Pikachu pushed himself into, and had sent it to him. She regretted the impulsive action almost immediately, until not too long after she’d been surprised with a response.

He’d actually sent back a funny picture of a Persian’s, she assumed belonged to Giovanni, head lying happy and dazed on his lap while he scratched behind the leonine pokémon’s ears.

Ash had saved it immediately, and she giggled every time she looked at it or even recalled it in her head. It was a funny picture, and that he had actually took the photo and also sent it to her was just as funny in itself.

She continued to hum as she finished up bathing Seviper, bonding with her pokémon like this. She’d also snapped a few pictures of her new pokémon and had proudly sent them off to Giovanni, wanting to show him how she was doing and progressing with her training and traveling. She really wanted him to know she was working hard, and that she wanted him to see her new achievements of getting new pokémon and how she was doing with them.

Brock had also taken to drilling her on water pokémon, their weaknesses, and how to defeat them and what to avoid. Since his own pokémon was rock type and couldn’t help much in battle practice, he only battled with her at times to up the experience of her pokémon and to encourage her bonds with them and to know their strengths and weaknesses before having to use them in actual battle.

And even if Mustang was there, Brock was still in bliss. He had happily slept closer to Ash without any repercussions from a certain red head, showed Ash how caring and sweet he was, and was able to give Ash hugs. He’d also been able to showcase and show off his pokémon experience and knowledge like he hadn’t been able to when they’d battled, while also impressing her and most importantly being able to help her out.

Man, was he happy Misty was gone.

Even as they walked into Cerulean City, Brock was quite content on keeping Ash to himself. His mind was fast filtering through all the things they could do in the city, and all the places they could go to together. He was hoping Misty stayed away as long as possible, maybe even forget to meet them. He’d be happy if they never even met up again, with Misty not being able to find them.

“Hey, Ash! If you want, I can take you out later to eat?” he asked hopefully, thinking of a nice dinner date, complete with candles and music and roses…

Ash smiled brightly, “That’s nice. But I like your cooking better. Please?”

How could he say no? He smiled at her goofily and agreed. He’d cook for her anytime.

“Oh, look! The Cerulean Gym!” Ash said excitedly, having spotted it. “Let’s go, Brock!”

She cheered, taking Brock’s hand and running for the gym. Brock grinned stupidly from the gesture, tightening the hold slightly. They were holding hands now…

“There it is!” Ash exclaimed once they’d neared it.

They ran inside, surprised to find a sort of water stadium. Ash couldn’t figure what on earth they’d need a stadium that large for, even for pokémon battling. She could at least get water –it was a water gym with water pokémon. A little girl walked towards them, cocking her head to the side curiously.