chapter sixteen ||

a/n: i never really clarified but the tour was from august to october (weird timing, ik) in this book so dallon got hospitalized in mid october and returned the 29th of november. sorry for any confusion! yes, the next few chapters are around xmas time. sorry not sorry lmao. anyways, hope you enjoy!

Brendon's POV//

It's nice to see Dallon in a good place again. God, he looked so perfect the previous night now that he's healthy. He's still a little underweight but its nothing unhealthy. His face just looks so alive again. I know he's still got some demons in his brain but I'm going to be here for him this time.

Dallon was already downstairs drinking coffee and scrolling through Instagram. I walked into the living room to meet him and kissed him on the cheek lightly. He ended up staying at my house after last night. His bed head looked adorable on him. He shot me a small smile and continued drinking his coffee.

"Good morning, Dal." I said, sitting down next to him on the couch.

"Morning baby." He replied.

I grabbed the remote and put on Doctor Who. I am honestly not a fan of the show but I know he loves it so I didn't mind it on. He smiled as he realized what show was on.

"Oh, Bren! This episode is the best!" He smiled.

He rambled on about how this was his favorite doctor and how the writer was a different one than usual. None of it really made sense to me but he looked cute when he was passionate about something. I loved seeing him geek out over things. I fell in love with him more and more each day. I missed him terribly the past month but it was worth it to see him in a better place. I never want to be separated from him again.

"Bren, It's November thirtieth and people already have their Christmas lights up." He pouted, pointing to the neighbor's house out the window.

"Don't be such a grinch!" I laughed.

"I just don't see what's so cool about all the lights and stuff." He responded.

"Dallon. James. Weekes." I started, "Don't tell me that after 5 years of knowing you, you don't like Christmas!"

"Hey! I never said I don't like Christmas!"

"Okay, well I guess you won't mind going shopping for a tree with me today."

"Ahhh, only because I love you." He mumbled.

"Oh, come on." I laughed, kissing him on the forehead.

Dallon's POV//

Brendon lead me through the Christmas tree farm, looking up and down at all the trees. Every few feet he'd turn around and ask me if I like that one and every time I'd tell him that they all looked good. We walked around for half an hour, him holding my hand and dragging me along. Suddenly, he stopped and looked up at a medium sized pine tree which didn't appear to be anything special.

"Dallon! This one's perfect!" He smiled.

"Okay," I replied in the same tone as before. "I like it."

"I'm imagining it with all the lights and it's going to be perfect."

"I geek out over tv shows and you geek out over Christmas trees," I laughed. "Whatever works I guess."

It didn't take long to get home from the Christmas tree farm. We had it strapped on to our roof which was honestly pretty embarrassing but I tried to ignore it. It's not that I don't like Christmas, because I do, it's just that I don't know why it's so over hyped. We pulled into the driveway and removed the Christmas tree from the room and carried it inside together. He had gotten the box of lights and ornaments out before we left so he immediately started decorating once it was set up.

I mainly just sat back and watched as he got all excited over which ornament belonged where and if it looked just right. It was cute to see him all excited. I never knew that he was such a Christmas person. He reached for the final item in the last box and looked at me with a guilty smile.

"Dallon?" he began. "Could you do me a favor?"

"What am I doing exactly?" I laughed.

"You see... you're super tall and I'm super not so..." He said, handing me the star for the top of the tree.

"Fine... I'll put the star on." I fake pouted.

"Yay!" He laughed.

I stretched out my body to reach the top of the tree and placed the transparent star on the tallest part. I stepped back from the tree and looked at Brendon as he was taking a photo of me on his snapchat. I pouted my lips but broke into laughter. His hands then grabbed my cheeks as he pulled me in for a short and sweet kiss. I leaned back and smiled at him.

"I love you so much." I laughed.

"And I love you." He responded.

Brendon's POV//

I got my phone and walked into the kitchen while Dallon's was still by the tree. I scrolled through my contacts for a moment before tapping on Kenny's name and selecting our messages.

'hey Kenny, I need you're help.'. I texted him.

'what's up?' he responded, a few seconds later.

'I need to get something for Dallon and I can't let him find out.' I replied quickly before shutting my phone off as Dallon entered the room.

"Hey, Bren. You all good?" Dallon asked curiously.

"Yeah, just had to text Kenny real quick." I replied nervously.

"Kenny?"

"Uh, yeah." I stutter. "He's gonna come over for a bit because I have to go out."

"So Kenny is babysitting me?" He says, slightly irritated.

"No! He just asked to come over but I need to leave in like ten minutes so I told him that you were still going to be home." I lied.

"Alright..." Dallon said, walking back to the living room.

I quickly got my phone back out and texted Kenny the details. I went upstairs and threw on my outfit for the day which was just a white t shirt, black jeans, and vans skate highs. I went back downstairs to Dallon and got my wallet and keys. Dallon looked a bit upset but I knew that once he knew what I was getting he wouldn't mind too much.

"You leaving now?" He said.

"Yeah, Kenny's gonna be coming over in like ten minutes so you won't be alone for too long." I laughed.

"Where are you going?" He asked curiously.

"Can't tell you," I began. "It's a surprise."

"Brendon..." He whined, dragging out my name.

"Don't worry, It'll be worth it."

"Fine, but at least remember to wear a jacket!" he laughed, tossing me my leather jacket. "The one time I don't go with you..."

"Alright, I'll see you later, babe." I laughed, leaning in to Dallon for a kiss.

"Bye, Bren."

a/n: hello! I was gonna make this chapter longer but I figured I should just give you gist it now since its been like two days since I last updated. thank you for reading and don't worry the drama of this fic is gonna come back. I'm pretty sure it's impossible for me to write a completely happy book. There's your little domestic fluff for you guys! anyways, thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed.