Forks at last

Author’s Note: I had given up on this story. But then I decided to write again for myself and anyone who actually reads this story. Thank you for reading.

Bella’s Point of View

Daddy had agreed and I was going to Forks.

I packed everything quickly and said my good-byes.Jane and Jade were off on some mission. We had broken up some time back. Heidi and Aro were the most difficult to say bye to because Heidi was the closest thing I had to a  mother. Not my biological mother but rather an adoptive one. Aro handed me a few credit cards and a key. "A key, but for what?" He simply smiled and told me that it was a surprise. I loved surprises. As I boarded the plane for Seattle, my thoughts were constantly changing from clothes to school to new friends and humans. Wow, I fell asleep with excitement emitting from me. I was beginning a life all alone, it was me against the world.

I quickly found my way out of the airport. Someone was waiting there. He was a vampire that was for sure and one whom I had never met. That was not unusual since I hadn’t met anyone except the Volturi coven. It was also because I was the only vulnerability the Volturi ever had and I could be a target. I walked towards him. He was handsome or gorgeous or heavenly, sure all the words suited him just fine. After all he was a vampire and one with blonde ringlets of hair stopping short of his shoulder,tall and charming. His hands were covered with vampire scars. He must have been a warrior. And I knew this because I lived with warriors.He had curious amber eyes, I had never seen any vampire with eyes other than red. He cracked a tiny smile as I stood before him and extended my hand.

"Bella. Isabella Voltaire." I had long ago adopted Voltaire for my last name. It connected with my life and it just seemed to click. He took my hand and kissed my palms. A gentleman, a really rare species nowadays or so I was told by Jane and Heidi.

"I am Jasper Hale. I am from the Cullen family. We were informed of your arrival by Jade. He was passing by and said that a part of the Volturi was visiting Forks. It's quite a charming place, so where are you staying?"

I decided to avoid the question for now because a vampire staying with a human might cause a few problems for my family back home as well as Charlie. In the parking lot, we stopped near an awesome Red Porche . “Wow, is this your car? Somehow I can’t imagine you driving one of these. I really wanted one of these for my collection.”

“No, I think it might belong to you. I am sure you have the key.”

And  the key worked and my baby roared to life. So this was my surprise, Daddy gave really good gifts and dude, was I impressed.

I already loved it so much. I turned to see Jasper getting into the passenger seat.

He explained ,"Alec delivered it and I drove it here. So, will you please drop me? My family would love to meet you. We would like to know more about you."

I was curious about him and his family too. “So, what about playing twenty questions?”

He smiled, “Fine with me. But does that count as your first one?” I was suddenly irritated, my hair turned red. My mood swings were a sort of side effect of my powers or maybe my species in general. They researched about me in Volterra, but many questions were still not answered. There were not many half vampire- half human hybrids running amock I suppose.

“No, it doesn’t. How many members are there in your coven?”

He seemed to think for a while. “We are seven in all. Carlisle is like our father, a doctor. Then we have our lovely mother, sweet Esme. Then my two brothers Edward and Emmet. Rosalie who is supposed to be my twin is Emmet’s mate and we have our lovely Alice.”

It was a rather large coven or family, as he called it. There were not many covens of this size outside Volturi and I was curious about them.

 “Hey, are you still listening? OK, so you belong to the Volturi, so how come no one has ever heard of you.”

I hadn’t thought about a cover story and truth might be dangerous for a lot of people. Ah, I just knew what I had to do.

“Well, my maker was a part of the Volturi and so I stayed there. But I don’t have any specific talents. So, I am not that important to be heard of or even introduced around.”

It was as good a lie I could come up with at the last moment. It was my chance to ask a question.

“So Jasper, do members of your coven posses any special powers?”

Jasper shrugged, “Edward can read minds, Alice can see the future and I am an empath.”

I had answered enough questions for the day. And the rest of the ride followed in comfortable silence. Jasper gave me directions to his house.

I followed his instructions and gave him a lift. I refused to meet his family right then as I was tired. So I just bid him good-bye and went to Charlie's house. Charlie stayed with his son Jacob or Jake as he preferred, Charlie had adopted Jake when Billy had died. Jake was my only best friend outside Voltera. As soon as I entered the house, Jake grabbed me in a bear hug. Seing Jake alone refreshed me, leaving me with no need to rest.

"Dad, Bells is here. You kept us waiting long enough. So Bella you are attending Fork's High School. Cool. You are going to love it."

I answered him in a sarcastic tone "No Jake. I am going to attend the High School for Buffoons to accompany you. Happy?" He broke into roars of laughs.

"You never lose your sense of humour."

Charlie said as he walked into the room and gave me a warm hug. After giving us the same safety instructions, he left us alone. I was comfortably sitting on the couch with Jake's head on my lap. I was playing with his hair, tying them around my fingers and trying to curl them.

"So Bella, what about your friends. You have a lot of them around you. Do you have any special friends or what?"

I could sense a double-edged tone in his voice. So I thought for a long time, tilting my head I innocently answered "Ok, My special friends are…..Jane, Collin and YOU. Jane and me were the mischievous couple. Everyone feared us because we were really naughty. There was someone else, but I was pretty confused about my relationship with Chase.

FLASHBACK

It was a very usual day at the castle. We were in our secret room, which was really a cupboard which no one used. It was very small so I was in my usual position on Chase's lap; he was my other best guy friend, with Jane sitting across us. We were playing Monopoly and I was winning. It was no fun and my friends knew just that. Jane was the first one to shriek. She started smiling wickedly which was the cue for us that an evil idea was beginning to form in her head. "Let's play Truth or Dare. We will call Demetri, Felix and Alec."

It was a brilliant plan and we knew it would work. Soon we were all gathered in my room because it was one of the largest. The guys moved all the furniture and the ball was rolling. I pushed the bottle and it pointed at Demetri who chose Dare because all guys do that.

"So Demetri I dare you to play seven minutes in heaven with Jane."

Alec and Felix were going to kill him. Alec as Jane was his sister and Felix liked Jane but had never told her. And Jane would kill me because I knew that she had a huge crush on Demetri. It was all very complicated and I loved it as it was

The next turn the bottle pointed at me. Oh, oh. Jane is going to get her revenge.

"Bella sweet Bella. You have to paint the whole castle pink and write 'I am Bella, the vampire slayer' everywhere."That was Alec’s suggestion but Jane had another idea. “Bella, you have to kiss Chase.

I was cornered and everyone smirked as it rarely happened and I hated it anyways. Not because I didn’t want to kiss Chase but because I wanted to do it too much.