(12) Behind Enemy Lines

Demi's POV!

I've spent the full weekend with Justin, in his arms, in his company. His words have comforted me, kept me away from my own thoughts. He's been there when I've woken up in a sweat, when I'm being taunted by the images of the chains, Joe breathing against my neck, the smug look on Debby's face.

Now here I am, packing my things. My manager thinks it's best if I visit the hospital for a once over. He wants me back to work as soon as possible, I'm not sure if it's for the best but maybe it will help keep my mind off things, at least when I'm not alone.

Justin holding me, telling me it will be alright at night. That's what I will miss. He helped me, I'm not sure he knows he's helped me but he has. More than anything, more than anyone. He helps me believe things are going to be okay, but I will be away from him, things will be different. Scooter has avoided me, I've barely stepped outside of the house. I've never had to, Justin practically waited on me hand and foot. He's a good guy, despite all the Media constantly rubbing his name in the dirt. He's misunderstood, I get him and he gets me.

My manager wants me out of the city, he wants me out of reach from the trouble. I don't know exactly where we are going but I guess he wants me as far from the kidnapper as possible.

Maybe being back on the road won't be so bad, I just got to learn to lie alone at night again. I don't like being alone. My skin scrawls as if someone is watching me, always watching. I wonder if Joe and Debby know the effect they have on me, they don't even need to be in the same room for me to be creeped out. I wonder what they are doing now? Are they enjoy the stupid money or are they gloating about how they nearly broke me.

The door swings open, my head turns instantly. Justin smiles at me, his eyes wander to my suitcase, his face drops slightly.

"I see you're leaving today." He mutters, moving closer to me.

"Yep, the boss thinks it should be for the best..." I tell him, my boss doesn't want me to tell people but it's Justin. The only person who I trust, he understands me.

"What do you think is best?" He looks up at me, his gold eyes slightly duller than usual. This time I'm the one moving closer to him.

"I'm going to miss you Justin, I don't know how long it's for but I know my nights won't be the same without you." My arms wrap around him, his wrap around me. He presses his lips to my neck sending sparks through me. I rest my head in the crook of his neck. His arms, my home.

This is what I will miss, I wish he could come with me.

It seems through everything not just the kidnapping but the crash and then the cheating this is what happened after each situation. We ended near each other, in each others arms. Is this a sign or am I just looking for lost hope?

Justin pulls me away, his firm hands rest on my shoulders. His eyes look sorrowful, he sighs deeply. His hand moves, hairs erupt over my arms as his fingers touch my cheek. He stares at me.

This look on his face, I remember having this look on my own. When he was in the comma, I sat by his bedside holding his hand waiting for him to wake up. I remember hoping and wishing he would be alright, I wonder when I was kidnapped if that's exactly how Justin felt. Helpless, annoyed with himself and just wishing things would be back to normal.

I remember not wanting to loose him, now here I am packing to leave him. I don't want to leave him, I will only worry. He is my best friend. He seems the only person who is being straight with me and is actually trying to help me, he wants what is best for me, it seems no one else has these intentions. I remember being the name upon his lips before he awoke, now he is the only name I call when I awake from my night terrors.