Part 3

“How was Harry’s last night?”

Tommy smiled at his cafeteria pizza, “It was crazy. I didn’t see him until late though.”

“What happened?”

“Well for one, since they have a pool, everyone was out there. Some people were jumping from the second floor window into the pool, and of course someone got hurt, but it wasn’t a big deal. There were a couple cop scares, but somehow it didn’t turn into anything. Zayn’s good at talking to the cops.” I nodded, though I wasn’t interested in what Zayn did. I wanted to know what Harry did…but Tommy was proving to me useless in giving details.

“Tonight’s supposed to be better though. Are you sure you don’t want to go?”

“Yes.”

He shrugged, “You’re lucky I like you. If you were anyone else I wouldn’t miss this party for anything.” Wait…what? “Do you have class next?”

“Yeah, math,” I breathed.

“Okay,” he nodded and frowned a little. “I guess you can come to BK at eleven—everyone will be gone by then.”

“And what will we be doing?”

He smirked, “Whatever you want.”

“Hmm.”

“We have all night.” I fought back my blush as he put an arm around the back of my chair. His fingers rubbed little circles against my arm. I guess this is where our relationship is…? I mean, it wasn’t like how Harry and I were—there are no rules that forbid touching. Tommy was also a touchy person anyway, so I guess this was just him.

He turned his torso towards me, “Do you smoke?” Why?

“Yeah.”

“Drink?”

“Yeah…is that what we’re doing?”

“Well, yeah at least one of the two. What’s the fun of sitting there sober, right?”

I nodded, “I guess you’re right.”

“Hey you two,” Tiff sat across, her salad and fruit cup balanced on a tray. “What are you whispering about?”

Before I could say ‘nothing’, Tommy responded, “We’re hanging out tonight.”

“At Harry’s?”

“No, at BK.”

She raised an eyebrow, “BK…?” The way she said it caught my attention—like that was a place she knew I wouldn’t go. What even is Beta Kappa? I’d heard of it before, but I don’t really know who’s in it or what they did. All I knew is it was a frat—that’s all that matters, right?

“Yeah, BK.” Tommy muttered, “You’re going to Harry’s then?”

“For a little bit”

“Well…tell me how it goes.”

“Will do.” She looked at me, trying to tell me something I think, before going back to her salad.

----

“Hey…hey you. Pssst.” Something hit the back of my head.

I whipped around, ready to snap. “What?” I hissed.

Louis smirked, “You coming tonight?” I rolled my eyes and faced front again.

“No.” What made him think I was going? What made him want to ask me?

“Why not?” I ignored him. He tugged on my ponytail, refusing to take a hint.

I turned around again. “Because I don’t want to.”