Life of a High School Witch: 6

That night, I didn't get any sleep. I tossed and turned in my bed, trying to expel about a million different thoughts from my mind so I could concentrated on sleeping. But nothing worked. I was too shocked and scared by the possibility of a vampire or fallen angel in our town. Realizing that I had no chance of sleep that night, I pulled out my magical features guide from under my bed and turned to the Hostile Humanoids-that means they appear human but in reality, they either feed on them, kill them for fun, or have the potential and the desire to kill human beings-section. First, I turned to the pages on Fallen Angels.

Star indicator:

*-Very low; absolutely no danger to humanity

**-Potential to pose minor threat to humanity

***-Threat towards humanity

****-Threat towards humanity and most magical creatures

*****-Deadly to all living beings, magical or ordinary

Immortal Hostile Humanoids

FALLEN ANGELS

Strength: *****

Speed: *****

Magic: Yes

Potential Danger: *****

Fallen Angels are as obvious as you would think. Like Satan himself, they are angels that were thrown from heaven. Possessed with a deep-seated distaste for religion and humanity, a Fallen Angel will use any and all of his assets to make humanity as a whole miserable. Are often behind serial killers, who wouldn't have done the dirty work if not for their "conscience" or "guardian angel" (see page 752) telling them to.

Primary Characteristics:

•Often tall

•Always very fair-skinned

•No matter how outrageous, the way they look seems to always eerily fit together

•Often thin but not always

•Able to alter small details of appearance (eye color, hair texture, etc)

•Very often male, but about 0.07% are female.

•Physically very similar to vampires

•Slight sensitivity to sunlight, but aren't burnt by it like ungodly things are in literature

•Never kills directly

•Feeds off of negative feelings

•Do not reproduce

Immortal Hostile Humanoids

VAMPYRES

Strength: *****

Speed: *****

Magic: No

Potential Danger: *****

Vampyres or vampires are one of the more well-known of supernatural "bad guys". Vampires are not, like many believe, corpses with life in them. Vampirism is actually a virus spread through the blood of the infected and the only way to become infected is by exchanging blood. The virus takes over your body in a matter of days, turning you into an immortal monster. Physical strength is several hundreds of times more than humans and, though a vampire's main source of nutrition is blood, they can consume and take energy from other things as well. When they kill, they always kill for themselves.

Primary characteristics:

•Always fair-skinned (or fairer-skinned than they were to begin with)

•Keep to themselves for the most part and only tell those they trust

•Can not sexually reproduce.

•Strength and speed depends on human strength and speed, for it is their imam condition multiplied by several hundred.

•Maintain human desires and personality

•Draws nutrients from blood and food

•If low on nutrients, body goes into hunter mode and finds the closest victim

•Does not always harbor malicious intentions

My stomach twisted into knots. Doesn't ALWAYS harbor malicious intentions? What if they are harboring malicious intentions?! Not trying to be negative here, but I don't think my mom and I could handle this alone. In my entire almost seventeen years, I've never been more scared of anything. The reality of this was the first thing that had ever truly terrified me.