Smile for me (boyxboy)

HE NEVER SMILES.

I sit a row away from him and every time I look past the person sitting next to me, there he is, Oliver.  Sitting there with a blank face no matter what the situation is.  I don't know when it was that I started to take notice of him, but now I find myself always watching him.

Everyday I do random things instead of paying attention during class in order to make him laugh or even crack a smile but those lips stay in a tight straight line.  Aside from answering a question the teacher asks during class, it's as if his lips were glued shut.

Fiddling with my hair, I stare at him thinking how crazy it would be if his mouth were glued shut and soon I get lost in my thoughts.  I am snapped out of it when I hear a loud banging noise.

"Mr. Reed! Did you get all that I explained a moment ago?" he says while glaring at me.

Heh.

"Quite right, old bean." I say, using the old English style.

Everyone in the class bursts out into fits of laughter and I let out a giggle myself as I watch the teacher turn red and turn around, facing the board.  I peek over at Oliver expecting to see him laughing but when I look over he isn't even smiling.  To put it more exactly I think I see a scowl on his face.

First attempt of the day:

FAIL.

As the teacher yell at us to be quiet and pay attention I let out a sigh and lay my head on my desk facing towards Oliver.

How come my eyes always wonder in his direction? We have never talked and I never see him communicating with others in the class.  I just really want to see him smile...

He Suddenly looks at me, pulling me out of my thought and we lock eyes.  Just as I go to mouth out "Hi." to him, he pulls his eyes off of mine and sets them back to the white board.

I sit here everyday trying to make him notice me, why?  Clearly by his reactions he's not too fond of me.  Still, I want to see that smile.

RING

RING

RING

"Alright that is the bell, you can leave.  People going to lunch, get to it and the people who are going to another class don't loiter around." Mr. James says with a stern look.

"Yeah yeah, your honour." I mumble.  Although I don't know what it is there is something about this teacher that I do not like.

I shuffle out of my seat and grab my notebooks, maneuvering between the desks to get out of the classroom.  I spot Oliver a bit ahead of me and I try to catch up with him but two of my classmates, John and Sam get in my way,

"Watch out." I say, trying to push past them.

"Dude, what are you in a rush for?" Sam asked irritatedly while pushing against me to stop  me from getting away.

"Can't you tell? I am trying to catch up with Oliver and you sir, are standing in the way of that." I say with a smirk.

He just rolls his eyes, "Why do you even try to get his attention? He's a werido. He doesn't ever talk to anyone and he never smiles."

"I know that!" I snap, feeling irritated.  What is wrong with me when it comes to Oliver? Usually I am always smiling and in a good mood, but it bothers me when people talk bad about him.

"What? Are you feeling lonely because I am not paying as much attention to you?" I stick my tongue out at him.

"Who is lonely?" he says passively while rolling his eyes.  "See you later then." he adds and then walks past me, leaving me there with John.