Chapter 8: Family Secrets

While the cat that was once a woman prowled and the woman who was now the cat dreamt, Grey stood staring out the window, lost in thought. He was worried about his baby sister; he knew more was going on with her than she let on. When his father had died He had left the responsibility of the family in Grey's capable hands, and somehow Grey was feeling like he would be disappointed in him.

It still killed him when he thought of how he had found her, half alive and healing in that clearing in the woods. He knew she had gone to see Pat and that Pat wasn't alone, that Spencer was with him. He probably should have given her a heads up, but this was something she was going to have to learn on her own. He would speak to her about the family secrets when she got home.

Turning now he paced the living room. He didn't like that Sunny was out there alone, he knew that the Mutt was back in town. Oh no one had told him, but he had smelled him on Sunny two weeks ago at the BBQ, that over powering scent that belonged to the Mutt, he wondered if it was a coincidence.

Grey once again took his place at the window, and he was just in time to catch the shadow of the large black leopard as she raced across the yard.

He stood alert, knowing exactly what and who it was, except when had Sunny found her mate? Then he thought about it, the bite on her neck, from that night so many years ago, that was the answer.

The Mutt had to be her mate, he marked her in the appropriate spot and Grey knew deep within his soul that the leopard that just ran through his yard was his little sister. So she had to have shifted, and in order to do that the bite from that damn Mutt had to have been her mates bite. It made sense why she ran now; she did it to protect her family from her inner beast. He was going to have to talk to her about this as soon as possible. Sunny was part of the pride, and she had to be made aware of it.

The alpha in him demanded it.