Chapter 2

We finished hunting, but I wasn't finished with Tember. I sprung up into a tree and she followed, I sat on the very top branch at least 200m up.

"Do you... remember my Mum?" I asked.

"Sure!  I'm sure you've seen her in Carlisle's thoughts, she looked just like you, bronze hair, green eyes, the same features..."

She let down her guard and let me see the images she was forming in her head, my Mum when she was alive and well, the human me... all direct memories.

"How do you remember these so well?" I asked.

"I found the more a thought about you and your Mum, the more I could remember. I could've passed better as your sister than your cousin, because my Mum had brown hair and brown eyes... we looked nothing alike."

She gave me some more images to look at, then put her guard back up.

After a few minutes of reflecting, I said, "Thank You."

"Anytime."

"How did you become a vampire?" I asked her.

" A bit like you, sick, with an overly fond doctor. When I was 16 I was diognosed with an aggresive lung cancer, a few weeks after turning 17, I was on death's doorstep. I had only hours left when this doctor that I wasn't particularly familiar with, but I had seen him around, always staring at me... took me from my bed and to a meadow, it was about 1am in the morning. He bit me and I can't seem to remember the pain, probably becuase I was in so much pain to start off with. I woke alone, and confused. I eventually worked out what I was after I jumped on a  deer and started drinking it's blood before I knew what I was doing. I wandered out into a public area when I realised that people were even more appatising that animals, probably better tasting too. But I didn't want to be a murderer, so I stuck to the animal diet. I've never tasted human blood." She concluded.

"That's an interesting story." I said.

"I guess." she said.

"We're more similar than I thought." I contemplated. "Do you want to go now?"

"Sure, I guess."