Chapter Four: Art Thou Testing Me?

A/N: I'm sorry if Anubis or any of the characters are OOC. Really, I am. Okay, confession time, I haven't read Kane Chronicles. Yet. I'm planning to read it after I finish HOO. That means after Blood of Olympus is released.

Song: Demons by Imagine Dragons

Personal Space, Dam It!: Chapter Four

Nico nodded and stepped inside his cabin to retrieve his Stygian iron sword. The blade looked sharp and dark that it sucked all the brightness in the path it is heaved at. Percy smiled and led him away from our cabins with Riptide in his hand.

Nico's POV

I'm on my way to the dining pavilion to get some breakfast now. Yesterday was tiring and I have to admit, it surprised me when Percy came running to me. He even hugged me! Oh well, that's what friends do, don't they? That's all what I am to him. His friend. Although, the idea is a tad bit appealing, I want something more. I can't just sit around and act like a good bro when inside, I felt like jumping him. I got my food and ate in silence at the Hades table. Unlike others, I sat alone. Other cabins had half siblings while I lost the only other real sibling I had. Except Hazel though, but she's in Camp Jupiter.

Damn it, not now! Nostalgia hit me harder than a brick. I remembered Bianca's company when we were little. Most of the time was in the Lotus Casino but the other memories were a bit hazy. I close my eyes and see the smiles she flashes me and the motherly figure she has when I grow stubborn. My eyes snap open instantly. Tears filled my vision and I lowered my head. I shake the thoughts away but they kept coming back.

Mio caro, stay close.

We've got no one but each other.

I don't want to be brought back!

I pushed my plate away and sniffled. I got up and brought the plate to the sink. I heard my name being called over my back but I didn't dare turn around, afraid that my tears would spill there and then. On the way back to my cabin, I tried to take my mind off of depression. I blinked and my face lightened up. I almost forgot that I'll be spending the day with a certain god. I grabbed my sword and headed out to train with a couple campers.

^-^-^-^-^- After a few hours -^-^-^-^-^

Sweat dripped down the side of my forehead as I sighed. Clarisse and I had four rounds of fighting. She's got a lot of stamina. For a girl. But then again, she is a daughter of Ares. I chuckled. Remembering that lunch is an hour away, I headed back to my cabin to change. After showering, I picked out another black shirt with several skull designs splattered in front and dark jeans. I shook my head after toweling it dry and slipped into my clothes. Grabbing my money-filled wallet from the nightstand beside my bed, I shoved it in my pocket. Should I go tell Chiron I'm leaving? I thought about keeping it a secret. I'll be back anyways. Before I had the chance to walk to the darkest corner of my cabin, a knock erupted from my cabin door. I pulled the door open to meet the son of the sea god at my door.

"Hey Neeks" the green-eyed demigod greeted. "What do you want, Percy? And don't call me Neeks!" I scowled lightly. He smiled and shook his head. "Naahh, I'm keeping it", he turned his head to look inside my cabin then his eyes landed on my outfit and the wallet stuffed in my pocket.

"Where're you going?" Percy asked. I raised an eyebrow at him as if it cannot be any more obvious. For a moment, a flash of realization crossed his features. His mouth opened in a circular way as if saying "oh". "Anubis?" He asked. I nodded and looked outside. "Don't tell Chiron. I'll be back anyways" I said. I didn't want the old man worrying about my absence or else he'll send out campers to scurry off and find me. Or the thought that he wouldn't let me go outside camp if he finds out I wanted to cross its borders. "'Kay. Be safe", his eyes trailed away from mine and mumbled. I thought I caught something before he looked away but it was probably just my imagination.