02. Candy Secrets

“Umm, yeah, good to see you too, PG.” Fionna said.

“Now, tell me what you’re doing in my castle, princess!” Prince Gumball turned from Fionna to Princess Bubblegum.

“Your castle? This is mine!” Princess Bubblegum cried. “Look around you, princey, do you recognise anything that belongs to you?” Prince Gumball stopped and looked around; the interiors were exactly the same. Everything was in the same place as he knew of, but not everything was exactly the same. He first noticed the photo frames.

“These photos, they’re not of Fionna and I, or Marshall Lee or even Lumpy Space Prince.”

“See? I told you, this is my castle.” Princess Bubblegum explained.

“See PG, technically this is kind of yours, but in a parallel world, our world.”

“Yeah, can you believe it, PB?” Finn said.

“I kind of worked that out myself when I first saw him this morning. It’s not every day you get to see someone who looks almost exactly like you but in a different gender.”

“Wait,” Fionna began. “If Cake and I are here, and you’re here Prince Gumball, maybe even Marshall Lee’s here too!”

“Yeah, most likely.”

“Oh no, they could be fighting right this minute.”  Jake said.

“And they’re vampires which means worse than our arguments with our other selves.” Finn said.

“We shouldn’t waste any time then.” Fionna interjected.

“Yeah let’s go,” Finn said, and then turned to Princess Bubblegum. “You coming, PB?”

“Umm, no, I still have a kingdom to run, Finn.” said Princess Bubblegum. “But you should make them come here so we could all figure out what’s going on.”

“Alrighty then.” Finn accepted.

“What about you Prince Gumball, you coming?” Fionna asked.

“I think I should stay here too, that place gives me the creeps.”

“Alright, if you say so.”

“Oh and PB, and umm..PG, don’t make any skin contact okay? Paradox.”

“I’ve worked that one too Finn, thanks.” Princess Bubblegum smiled.

“Ditto.” Prince Gumball said.

“Alright you guys, allons-y!” Finn said proudly leading Jake, Fionna, and Cake down the stairwell.

“What the fluff does that mean?” giggled Fionna.

“I don’t really know, but this old TV show Jake and I watched on BMO keeps saying it and then he’d get pumped up and dash heroically to save whatever needed saving.”

“Hey you know what? In the meantime, I think we should have a name for our party!” said Cake.

“Hey yeah, that would be cool.” Jake remarked.

“What about, Adventure Squad.” Fionna said with eyes twinkling.

“Alright! Sounds good, Fionna!” said Finn. “High five!” Their hands were almost a couple of centimetres from touching until they realized they couldn’t, according to their theory.

“Oh my Glob! We almost caused a blackhole there!” Finn panicked.

“Yeah, I guess, let’s just go on.” Fionna chuckled.

And so the Adventure Squad headed to Mountain Kingdom to investigate further on this strange event.

---

Back in the castle, Princess Fionna and Prince Gumball were having tea.

“So, afraid of going to the cave too, huh?” said Prince Gumball then took a sip on his tea.

“Yes, but it’s not that I’m afraid of the cave itself or any creepy thing Marceline might have there. I’m a person of science and I have faced many creepy things.”

“As have I.” Prince Gumball replied. “I remembered accidentally making zombies during one of my experiments, good thing Fionna was around. Oh and also I’ve encountered the Lich Queen.” He smiled.

“That happened to me too!” Princess Bubblegum said and put down her tea. “Did you create the Earl of Lemongrab too?”

“Countess.” Princess Gumball corrected and smiled.

“So that means, everything that happened here also happened exactly in your world but slightly opposite from our world, did you get what I meant?”

“Yeah, I hear you.” Prince Gumball, replied and then thought deeply. “So that means everything I like and hate you must like and hate too, huh?”

“Where are you going with this?” asked Princess Bubblegum.

“I just wanted to know if everything really is exactly the same in this world, if we’re the same. Which would mean we have the same reason for being afraid to go to Marceline, Marshall Lee, or whatever’s cave, right?”

“I see.” Princess Bubblegum smiled. “To answer your question, yeah, we both have the same reason. As a ruler of our kingdom, I think it would be weird for it to ever happen.”

“Yeah. How unfortunate.” Prince Gumball sighed and bit his lip.

“The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.” Smiled Princess Bubblegum.

“You still have her t-shirt?” Prince Gumball asked then Princess Bubblegum laughed and replied,

“As pajamas.”

“Need I say, ‘ditto?’” grinned Prince Gumball. Both of them were really happy, technically Prince Gumball and Princess Bubblegum is the same person, nonetheless they were happy that they finally let out their feelings that they’ve kept for a long time even if it was just to another version of their selves. After all, the only person that could understand you is yourself.