The Other Side Chapter 2

hello hello! what it be chickadees! lol

so recently i got more fans!!! YAY!! thanx guys! hehe. so i really want you reader to check out WritingCrazer! she has really good stories and she really nice so check her out! :)  

so i just finished the 2nd part so yay!! but i feel its kinda 'rusty' (lol) so plz bare w/ me lol...so here it is! enjoy :D

Dominique 

The 'Traffic Light'

Today is the day, the first day of senior year. Crap. Now I got to wake up early and go waste valuable time to go to school. I mean I know school is important and I take it seriously. I guess you could say I'm an over achiever, but I am not a bookworm. I'd rather go chill with my girlies and party than study and do homework. I mean who wouldn't? Well nerds wouldn't. But anyway, I just want get this year over with and have fun doing it.

I examined myself in my full length mirror. I was wearing my new outfit I just bought the other day: a cute floral dress, some sliver strappy sandals, and a light brown leather belt, which also matched my brown leather tote. My outfit was absolutely cute and definitely in the late summer/early fall style. Rule of Fashion #1: Always be in style. But I'm missing something. What is it? Then it hit me. I can't believe I almost went to school without my necklace. I walked over to my dresser and opened my antique pearl-studded jewelry box. I pulled out the sliver necklace that had been resting on the soft cushions inside the box. I read what had been engraved on the necklace's pendant:

Our beloved Dominique 

-Mom & Dad

I kissed the pendant and then put the necklace on. It hung right above my heart. I tucked it into my dress and went down stairs.

"Look at you! You look almost as cute as me!" Panna said when I walked into the kitchen. Panna was my older sister. "Ma and Pa would have been so proud of you!" she said opening the fridge.

"Yeah I know they would have been, but for the record I do look cuter than you." I grinned. Me and my sis did look alike. We had the same milk chocolate complexion, we both had dark brown eyes, and our hair was wavy but curly and flowed down to our shoulders. We could almost pass as twins but she looks older and she has more of a sport-like body.

"Don't lie to yourself, hun." She joked. "What do you want for breakfast?" she asked while pulling the milk carton out from the fridge.

"I'm gonna eat out with the girls." I said, grabbing my car keys off the kitchen counter.

"Alright, but be on time for school . . . . .or else." she warned.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever." I mumbled under my breath. I swear sometimes she forgets she is only 25 and acts like a mom.

I got into my Lexus SC convertible, put on my huge sunglasses, put the top down and headed to go pick up my girlies.

When I reach the notorious "Traffic Light", the one that divides Rosemill Street from Springs Street, it had just turned red. I look over to the Springs Street side. I notice an old black, vintage convertible with like a billion people in it cruising down the street. I noticed that there was something dangling from the rearview mirror. When it got closer I noticed it was a gang symbol. HG. Shit! This isn't good. 

"Hurry up, hurry up." I tried to persuade the light to change. Which obviously didn't work. I felt like my heart was about to burst out of my chest as it got closer. I couldn't show them I was scared though. That's one of the things I still remember from my self-defense class that I took a while back. It was one of my many classes my Grandma signed me up for to help with my "little confidence problem".