13

Not cool

__________

Daniel's pov

I sat beside Saeron and that made me face Jihoon. I was annoyed to see him here but I decided to join since Saeron is here too. I also thought that if I want to know what he's up to then I have to get closer to him even if I don't want too.

He acts normal, I was almost convinced that he doesn't have any hidden agenda but I still had to make sure. I was so damn ready to say something but I just kept it to myself. I can't make a scene here just like I did last time.

It was awkward at first, but Gahyeon was the one who broke the silence making the heavy atmosphere go away. I have no intention to be here at all but I predicted that Saeron will come when I saw Jihoon waiting here earlier. I was right and so I went here. Jihoon and Saeron has been talking about school which made me out of place.

They were engrossed I their conversation. I was fine just by looking at Saeron but Jihoon's presence ruined it. They were talking and laughing at each other. It was annoying the shit out of me.

I know I'm getting jealous but I have no rights to complain. Still. I joined the conversation sometimes but I was distracted.

The sick feeling inside my chest didn't help me at all. I don't know why I'm even feeling like this. Is it because I think Jihoon likes her and he was already close with her? Am I jealous of the attention she gives to him or am I just really not cool with this guy? I think it was both, and that made it worse.

Hyeri was the one who left first. She said she had to leave because of family stuffs. She had been quiet the whole time too which wasn't really unusual since she the quiet type but she looked bothered. I can sense that Saeron noticed it too but she just can't bother her friend right now.

Jihoon too left after that but he was hesitant. I don't know if he doesn't want to leave Saeron or he just doesn't want to leave her with me. There's even nothing to worry about. I'm the one who's supposed to keep an eye on him, not the other way around.

"Saeron, we need to go. I still have to meet up with Donghyun." Gahyeon told Saeron while looking at her watch. I actually want to talk to Saeron alone right now but it seems that they have to go home together. "Okay then, give me a minute." Saeron answered. Gahyeon then just shrugged and busied herself with her phone.

"Can you stay for a bit more? I want to say something." I said, looking at Saeron. She stared back at me a little bit confused. "But Gahyeon has to bring me home and you know you can't-"

I cut her off, "I'll drop you off near the river. I want to bring you home but I know you'll refuse." I heaved off a sigh as I stared at her. She looked deep in thoughts and I waited for her answer.

"Fine, just don't insist to bring me home again. Okay?" My face lit up as I gave her a nod. She then turned to her friend, "Gahyeon, I'll be staying with Daniel for a little bit more. You can go now and meet with your boyfriend." I saw how Gahyeon's lips curved up in a smirk and she looked at us both.

"Are you sure?" She tried to sound worried but it's clear and obvious that she was happy about it. I'm actually glad that Gahyeon shows her support on me.

"Yeah, we won't even take too long." She responded but her friend immediately shook her head in disagreement. "No no! Take your time! I'll go now. Bye!" She abruptly stood up grinning before waving at us.

"Oh? Okay, be safe." Saeron waved back, confused at Gahyeon's action. "Bye Daniel! Take care of my friend, okay?" She continued, "I will!" I said before chuckling. She walked off and that left Saeron and I alone in the table.

"What are you gonna tell me?" Saeron was the one who spoke first, breaking the silence. She leaned in the table and rested her chin on her hand while looking at me. I was suddenly out of words just by staring at her like that.

When did I ever get tongue-tied? I gulped and recalled the words I want to say. "You seem close with Jihoon." I said as my brows knitted when I remembered them talking comfortably earlier.

She nodded at me. "Yes, we became friends in a short period of time." She smiled. "Wow,  that's cool." I can't hide the bitterness and sarcasm in my voice. She noticed it and she frowned at me.

"Why? What's wrong?" She asked, still frowning. "You can't trust people easily, Saeron." I told her but she didn't seem bothered by it.

"Does that mean I can't trust you too?" She said in a playful tone. She isn't taking this seriously, is she? "That's not what I mean. It's just that.." I couldn't find the right words to say.

I can't tell her right now why I'm not cool with Jihoon. "Just don't get too close or attached to him, okay?" I told her in a serious tone but she just looked at me, uninterested with what I said.

"But why? Do you know something about him that I don't? Or.." She squinted her eyes at me. Then suddenly her lips curved into a smirk, a mischievous one that I only saw for the first time. I stared at her confused while she looked back with that smile.

"Are you jealous?" She asked and grinned. I looked at her in shock. Where did that question came from? Did I sounded jealous?

"Wha– Where did that came from? I'm serious!" I was bewildered at her new behavior. I didn't know she can tease me like that. I know she's only teasing. "Just admit it, Kang. It wouldn't hurt." She smirked at me and leaned in closer to, scanning my face.

"Your ears are so red." She smiled widely and shrugged before leaning back against her seat. I furrowed my brows at her trying to hide the embarrassment. I shook my head and calmed my racing heart.

"You are unbelievable, Saeron." I touched my ears and heaved a sigh. "But I really am damn serious." When I said that she finally stared back at me with a serious expression. I held the eye contact before continued to talk.

"Don't get too attached with Jihoon."

__________

「 author's note 」

Okay so this is boring but I hope you guys liked it. We're having tests next week so I have to prepare for it but I'm still gonna work on the updates. Regarding the imagines, I really wanna make it but I'm short with ideas. Maybe I'll just make short stories for the other members.

Anyway I am sorry for any typographical and grammatical errors. This is still unedited. I will update again! Please anticipate :'>

tey

__________