Introduction

Hello, Wattpadders!

 If you’re anything like me, when you dive into a book you always have questions. Not necessarily big, important questions —hopefully the author answers those in the course of the book! —but small questions. Why is this character always cracking jokes? Why do certain people call this other character by a nickname, while others use his or full name? How did those two meet in the first place? Stuff like that.

 When I first wrote I HUNT KILLERS, I was tossing the readers into a world already in progress. Jazz, my protagonist, was four years into a new life following the arrest of his father. He had a girlfriend and a best friend and a serious attitude problem. And the nature of the book is such that there’s not a lot of time to explore why or how any of these things came to be —after all, there are bodies hitting the ground and someone has to stop the killer!

 So I hit on the idea of telling some of the smaller, quieter stories from the series as short stories. In CAREER DAY, you’ll get to meet Jazz after his father’s been imprisoned…but before the serial killer known as the Impressionist comes to the small town of Lobo’s Nod and makes his mark, forcing Jazz into a world of bloodshed and death he thought he’d escaped.

 Whether you’ve read I HUNT KILLERS or not, I hope you’ll enjoy it!