Chapter 2.Elem School's Purpose

He walked into the building with a confident pace,yet took shaky breaths.Whatever this place was,he needed to act strong,not weak and easy to capture.

    As soon as he walked in,passed those glass but not transparent doors,his life seemed to be the only still thing in the world.  Kids from all ages and races zoomed around,busy at whatever they were doing.

    Suddenly the doors behind him closed with a thundery boom.He felt all the eyes picking at him,noticing every single detail.He realized the sudden stop in motion and the loud,horrendous sound he had made.

    "New kid? He's got a lot to learn,"Javian heard from somewhere in the crowds of kids.

    "Hey,Newbie,ready for some beautiful news of who you really are?"

    "Ugh,leave him.Don't scare him already,"a girl's voice said,confident and loud enough for everyone to hear.

    "Isabellei,already having some new goals for this week?"a boy's voice asked with a hint of sarcasm.

    Javian turned to the voices.He saw a girl with black hair and red-brown rectangle glasses.Her eyes were dark and brown.She was...well,pretty.

    Javian then looked in the direction of the boy's voice.It was a tall boy with dirty blond hair.His eyes were dark brown and he wore a smirk on his face.He had his perfect arms crossed.

    Then,everyone in the hall started coming up to him,cornering him and making jokes about his clothes or hair.There was roaring,which grew louding by the second.

    How many kids are there here? Javian thought frantically,nudging away some picking fingers.

    Suddenly there was a fireball launched at the wall near him.He moved out the way just before the fireball exploded.

    Javian stared in confusion and in horror.Where had such a thing come from? From the corner of his eye,he saw more fire glowing with such heat.He turned to see the girl who had been called Isabellei.

    She was the one who was holding fire in her own bare hands.

    At first,it seemed to Javian that the girl had been caught on fire somehow.Maybe she had tried to stop the fireball from hitting Javian and ran straight into it.But no.She,in fact,had set the wall of the school on fire.Now the fire was burning greater and spreading all across the wall.

    "Water Elementals!"Isabellei ordered.

    Javian saw multiple kids spread out in a line going horizontal,facing the wall of fire.Then,all in unison,they put their hands outward and water came spraying out.The water put out the fire,and the crowd of kids applauded.

    It was too much for Javian,though.He faced the crowd and ,when silence was taking over the hall,dared to speak.

    "What's going on?"he asked,loud enough for everyone to hear.His voice,surprisingly,did not come out shaky."What is this place? What's all this? Someone please explain!"

    Then a woman with short,blond hair and beautiful brown eyes like honey walked into the chaos.She wore gray pants and a gray jacket on top of her white shirt.Her skin was flawless.

    "Everyone,get to your assigned spots for this period!"she said in a strong voice.

    All the kids instantly grabbed their supplies and moved to different sections and disappeared behind other walls or doors.Javian was the only one left standing in the hall besides the woman.

    She turned to him and smiled."You must be Javian Golbose,the son of Cristella Golbose." The woman extended her hand,and Javian shook it."My mother was your mother's principal,just like I am yours.You're very welcome here.This will be your new home.You'll meet many new friends and have so much fun.I'm sorry for today's inconvenience of my absense to welcome you,and of the rude children.It will get better.Follow me."

    The woman turned and walked off to the right and went in the door on the left.Javian followed.He saw a sign above the door of the room he was entering.He was entering the office of Elem School.His new home.