Chapter 2

Daisy

Ya, nice going there kid. I woke up after what I was hoping was only a few seconds. There was already a crowd around me, the two guys that walked up my drive, the pretty lady and two of the guys standing around the engine. And... Liam Payne.

Ok, so this is what I think kinda happened. They helped me up and Niall came running towards us (yes, Niall freakin Horan!!! I was having mini heart attacks!!!) and Liam shouted to a guy called Will for some water and the lady was fanning me with her hand and asking me if I was okay and one of the other guys was saying I probably fainted of heatstroke or dehydration or something because it was actually quite a warm day and I drank water and sat on the step of the (tour)bus, still in a daze and the lady kept telling everyone to stop crowding and creating drama and when I finally got myself together again I started apologising.

One thing you must get to know about me is that I apologise a lot. For everything. No kidding. So it was like: “sorry for fainting on you, sorry for the drama, sorry for wasting your time”, “it’s okay, you don’t have to apologise”, “oh, sorry (for apologising)”, etc.

Okay. So dizzy spell over, I run home and start the tractor while the guys unload the stuff from the bus. Damn, well done on first impressions.

***

Harry:

There’s a commotion outside so I get up to see what’s going on. Except, I kinda trip over Zayn sleeping in the aisle. “Smooth move there Beautiful”, laughs Louis. “I know right, why the hell is he sleeping in the aisle?”

And even after crash landing on top of him, Zayn was still sleeping.

Louis looks out the window, “What’s happening outside?”

“That’s what I was gonna go see.”

“Nialler probably stole someone’s lunch.”

I laughed. That actually was a possibility. We’d been having crap lunches lately. Couldn’t wait to get my hands on real food, so I can’t even imagine what Nialler was feeling.

Louis and I stumbled down the bus, sitting for so long had our legs cramping a little, just as Wendy sits this girl down on the step at the door.

“Wendy! Stop taking advantage of her,” Louis shouts and successfully breaks the tension. Everyone laughs and Wendy tells him to shut up and give her some space. Liam’s there holding her hand too and Niall’s peering over his shoulder at her. “So what happened?”

“I can’t believe you missed it Harry, the poor girl just fainted on the spot,” says Will, who bought her a glass of water. Will was a camera guy, one of the only crew members except for Wendy that actually talked to us. But Wendy wasn’t really crew, she was more of what you’d call director.

“Heat stroke” says Gavin.

“No way man, did you see her tense up when the kids hopped off the bus?” says Mike.

Interesting.

“She did? No she didn’t. Why’d she do that?”

Gavin’s forty-eight and doesn’t get the concept of fangirling. I look at Louis and Louis looks at me.

 I observed her from the back as she sat there apologising to Wendy. She had dark hair in a loose ponytail at the base of her neck. The light from outside lit up the few lone wisps into a deep maroon, like a fuzzy red halo over her head. Couldn’t be a day over 20, though I could be wrong. The fainting fan-girl age was more like 12 to 16ish. She had on a loose top and frayed, old jeans, as far as I could see. She was probably out working before this all happened.

Louis nudges me with his elbow, “You can stop checking her out now.” I laugh, “Na, I’m aiming for Wendy next.” Wendy turns around and glares at me, but I can see the smile twitching at the sides of her mouth, “I’m married, remember?” I shrug my shoulders nonchalantly, “Doesn’t bother me”, and Wendy attempts, but fails, to swat my leg.

***

We’ve taken out our luggage and the camera guys were getting out the last bits of equipment from the bus when the girl came round with her tractor. She helped us load the stuff, once again apologising for her little act and introduced herself as Daisy. We had to make two rounds of the tractor because there was so much stuff but everyone else just walked to her place because it was really just down the road.

“Are you sure the bus’ll be alright just sitting there?” Mike asked.

“You’ve got nothing to worry ‘bout round here, everyone’s too busy doing their own thing to go round nabbing if that’s what you mean.” She seemed surprisingly calm and collected as she dialled the garage number out of the phonebook; maybe she did faint of heatstroke and not of a fan-girl moment?