Chapter 1 - Stopped and stared

"Valerie wake up!" my brother started shouting. I hitted him with the pillow and went back to sleep. "Mum, Valerie doesn't want to get up!" I knew he wont stop shouting, same story every morning. I opened my eyes and checked my phone. It was 6:50 a.m. "Why did u wake me up? It's not even 7!" I shouted to him but he just burst in to laugh. "What's so funny?" I gave him a confused look. "Your hair!" He said and fell on the floor because of laughing. 

I got up from the bed and went in to the bathroom, leaving my brother on the floor. He's name is Ashton by the way and I'm Valerie. I'm 15 years old, living with my mum and brother. My dad and my mum split up when I was 4. Ashton is my spetbrother.  But I love him. 

I went to the kitchen once I got ready. I put on my new white shirt and some old jeans. I tied my hair in a bun and put on my black high heels. 

"Morning sweetheart, what do you want for breakfast?" my mum asked as I walked in the kitchen. "I want cereal just like Ashton's today." I gave her a kiss and hugged Ash. 

I ate my bowl of cereal and went to pick my bag and I was ready to go to school. My mum usually drives me there but today she can't so I'm going to walk to school. It's about 15 min. and I'm going there with my friend. Her name is Gemma. 

"Bye Ash, bye mum!" I shouted from the hall before I opened the door and went out. Gemma was all ready waiting for me. 

"You ready to go?" she asked me with a smile on her face. I nodded in reply and we went slowly down the road. 

"You heared there's a new guy coming in our class today? I'm so excited. I hope he's some nice sports type of a guy and not some nerd. We have many of those in class, no need for one more." she can talk a lot yeah. 

"I guess." it's all I could say because we got to the school by now and my eyes caught this handsome boy in front of me. I stopped and stared.