Snooping

(Lukas' P.O.V)

Emil is over at Leon's house today.

He's with him a lot nowadays, not that I'm complaining. I can see the happiness in his eyes when they're together, and in general, he's a lot happier with his life.
I'm proud of them if anything. I can't help but have a suspicion that they're more than friends. My little brother is just growing up so fast...

I finished scrubbing the walls of my room, then wiped the sweat off of my forehead. There's just one room left, Emil's room. I haven't stepped in his room for a while, but there's no horrible smell or anything, so that's a good sign.

I slowly opened the door, the creaking sound soon followed after, revealing a standard bedroom.

Various crafts and origami were scattered around the room, and a plush puffin just fell into my head from the shelf above.
It had a violet ribbon attached to it's neck.

I never bought these for Emil. After finding just one puffin, there were more. One on his bed, a few in his closet, few more on the shelves.

I never knew Emil wasn't so obsessed with them! Where did he even get them??

... Time to give him a lecture about why you don't need over 20 puffins in your room.

Anyways, I placed the soft plush puffin back in its rightful spot, after I dusted the shelves.
Crafting glue, scissors, various paints, and unfinished projects are scattered across the floor.

He really needs to learn how to manage his own room. It's always so messy, and hard to walk into.

I sorted the things on the ground into more manageable piles, before making my way over to his bed and desk.

On his desk, I see a pile of textbooks and homework sheets. It's probably the only cleaner part of his room. The bed beside the desk has even more stuffed puffins on them, which I find ridiculous at this point.

I got onto his bed, and sorted the puffins into a more presentable position as well, and folded his blanket to lay nicely halfway between the bed.
As I decided to get off the bed, I heard a quick crunch underneath my feet before jumping back onto the bed, and cradling my foot in my hands.

"OWWWW!" I immediately shouted, taking a look on what I had just stepped on.

It was an exacto knife and it cut the sole of my foot, but the cut didn't look too deep. Blood oozed out of the wound, dripping onto my brother's bed.

It hurt so much, and I should get something to clean it but I really didn't want to walk on my injured foot.

I grabbed some tissue paper from the ground and proceeded to dab at the cut on my foot.

Hopefully it doesn't get infected. Ugh. So much for seeing what my brother was up to. Nothing special other than the pointless number of puffins, and red hearts on the desk.

Wait a minute. Red hearts? How did I not realise those sooner!

I picked one up from the desk, ignoring the feeling of pain from my foot. It's becoming a more numbing persistent pain now.

These were origami hearts, with writing in the center, each one reading sweet and cute messages targetted towards my brother.

"I love you, Emil."

"Your outfit looks fabulous today."

"Good luck on the test! You're going to ace it."

"Feeling sad? Call me."

I couldn't help but smile at these heart felt messages written on the hearts.
Looks like my brother finally found someone.

My suspicions were confirmed! Though I'm not sure who it is. I have a hunch that it's probably one of the Asians.

I decided to close my eyes for a few seconds, only to give into the sleep that empowers over me.