Chapter 2.

Author's Note: This is a long, long chapter. Longer than the first one, but I did not skimp on details. Thanks for reading! If you could take a little moment and comment what you think of the story so far, anything related to my writting or things you'd like to see feel free to comment about it! It would make my day, I tell you. Also, if you like this book,  I'd be more than thankful if you'd spread the word and tell other people about it. Again, thanks for reading! :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sun was tainting the sky in several shades of orange, yellow and red. Its reflection lay calmly on the water of the lake before me, occasionally having that calmness being broken by one or a few ducks landing on the surface of the natural pool of water. There was something about that place, the way it looked at sunset, the way the air there seemed to be way more pure than in any other place. There was something about that particular spot in that particular park that made me go back every single day at the same hour. That, without a doubt, was my favorite spot in the whole world. And I was justified, I had experience; I had been in many places around the world, always as part of my family’s annual summer vacations, but I had never found such peace. Even if it was hard to admit it –if I gave up my huge pride to admit it— trying to always be the best at everything, consuming my entire time in activity, after activity, after activity was exhausting. My mother didn’t acknowledge that since now a year and a half my kickboxing instructor started to take therapy, and since his appointment began at 7 sharp, he asked if it was okay to reduce the time of our sessions, so he could leave early and be punctual at his doctor’s office. At first, I wasn’t quite sure of taking such offer, but in a moment of weakness at the time, and catching a glimpse of a tiny personal time in my schedule I agreed. The first few days I almost faced the instructor and demanded to have those twenty minutes of session back, emphasizing that according to what I was paying I should get the exact hour of training, but I somehow held myself from doing that. I used to drive around during those twenty minutes, some days I used to just leave my car parked outside the gym and run around the area, even if every day after school I’d ran for thirty minutes. But it was exactly in one of those spontaneous, desperate attempts to cover that free time of my schedule that I discovered that park. Instantly I was taken away by its beauty, and the peaceful feeling it brought to my self. Ever since, I had been visiting that park, sitting on that exact bench right at the edge of the small lake and at the end of a small hill and observing everything, and nothing at the same time.

As soon as my phone started ringing, signalizing my twenty minutes of peace had ended I took a deep breath, placed my gaze on the sunset right behind the city landscape and stood up. A soft, relaxed smile curving upon my lips as I walked away from my favorite spot in the world, and said goodbye to it in the back of my mind, one more time. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 ‘’What are you doing this Saturday?’’ I heard that husky tone of voice speaking at me as soon as I closed my locker’s door. Usually, his voice was more pitched, but I guessed that the way he forced it to be more husk whenever he wanted something was just another idiotic mystery of him. Standing there, with the side of his body resting against the lockers next to mine and with that hideous, supposedly-attractive smirk of his, Link looked at me; notably waiting for an answer. I rolled my eyes in nothing else than a natural reaction to one more of his attempts to seduce me and obtain a date with me before I replied with a neutral, careless tone ‘’That’s none of your business,’’ I said as I hugged my books against my chest and turn around to go my way before the bell rang on me. I didn’t need that to happen twice that week ‘’but if a clue is what you expect to get with that ridiculous half-smile, I can assure you that whatever I’m doing this Saturday does not –and won’t—include you.’’ With this being said I began to walk away, not even bothering in looking back to reaffirm my theory of how the brunette boy was going to chase me.