"They" Did It

I hear them...all the time. Especially when no one is around. They don't like other people hearing their murderous ideas. Ideas that kill you slowly from the inside out.

They tell me their plans all the time before they actually do it, much like a doctor working on a patient. You have no choice. They are not going to let you run away. They will just shut your lips and put a face of joy on you. You'll walk normal and talk normal under their control. Those words that will come out of you mouth will taste of bile because they won't be yours. You will have the urge to scream because you'll be watching all the lies develop from the inside of your brain.

Your physical being will be theirs. Your soul would be already forced out of the paradise that it wants to live in. As kidnappers, they will take your soul to an unfamiliar place. A place with gloom in the air and a hint of murder and darkness. Dead trees, a chair, rope, and a river are placed perfectly in the distance. A small spot will be waiting for you there, where you'll be drowned in the darkest part of the river amongst all your memories, hopes, and dreams.

They have you sit in that chair and tie you up with the rope, hanging you fifty feet above that river from a tree that used to be so lively. The icy water burns and stings when they let the rope go for moments at a time. They'll repeat the proceedure in unexpected moments as you watch small projectors in the water showing you what they are doing to your body right that moment.

I sat in that chair tied up and suffocated by rope and water as I saw myself move without me. My body climbed that dumb ladder to the top of a four story apartment building. And even though I was not going along with my body, I still felt the pangs of physical hurt my body was having. I felt the wind run through my hair rapidly as the storm was coming by. I heard the roar of clouds and the beating sorrow of tears they made. The rain pounded harder and harder against my body.

One shaky leg lifted up to the edge of the four story building, before my other had. The static around me made my hair fly upwards a tiny bit. My lungs heaved shaky breathes as I saw myself look downward. In the river I saw the people who were looking up at me with terrified faces and pointed fingers. Some were yelling and screaming.

"What is she doing?"

"Someone help her!"

Sirens of cars started coming, and I guessed that someone had called in an emergency.

"Stay where you are," I heard policemen voices say.

Boom.

Boom.

The sounds of the angry clouds were shrieking. Flashes occured in minuscule seconds.

My body began to twitch. My knees trembled as my feet shuffled closer and closer to the edge. The wind picked up. And there was still a chorus of screeching and clatter from the people below. I took a deep breath and before i could figure out what was happening, my body had no ground under it. My body was falling...plummeting toward ground, like my soul strapped to the chair into the icy water. My screams were silenced as I drowned deeper within the river. I could still hear the cries and screams others were making.

But...I never felt anything. I don't recall ever feeling the stabbing pain of the wet, cold, hard cement that was barely four stories below me. All that I recall was that it was white. A big flashing, bright white. It made me think that it was all just a dream until I found myself, my soul, in my own body tied up to a hospitalized bed. I never remembered returning to my body. I never remembered anything that happened after the jump.

I just know that these people around me won't listen to what I have to say. Not ever, not whoever. Not your friend, not your counselor, not even your long lost cousin who lives in Sweden. The people here, the ones who were to be there for me, have all betrayed me, calling me insane. I already know that they have a special plan for me, much like those "murderers". So watch out, they'll betray you too. Because when my body went without my spirit, people actually thought I was commiting a crime myself. A murder. A suicide.

But just you wait...I know that "they" will come back, haunting me with their murderous plans. And once they are done with me, they'll be after you. Then you'll surely know what it feels like, and you will know that I, Trinity Campbell, was never crazy to begin with.