Through hell and back.

Chapter:1

Screams come from below my window, as I force myself out of my warm cozy covers. "It's too late at night to be dealing with this kind of shit.." I mutter to myself as I slipped on my converse and school hoody, sprinting down the fire escape.

Making sure the hood covered my face as I jumped off the second platform. The cold winter air sending chills down my spine as I land behind a man. "What's the problem here?" I asked a cold tone in my voice, in front of the man and me was a girl ,with the same school uniform I was wearing, she was pressed against the wall.

"P-please helps me." She begged tears running down her face leaving her eye make up smeared.

I grabbed the man's arm and rugged him maybe an inch or two away from her. The man turned a with his claw like finger silencing the air inches away from my throat. His eyes glowed red as he flashed his fangs at me. "Well, you're out early.." I said my right hand reaching inside my hoody's pocket.

The man charged at my way as the girl stands there frozen in her own fear. A smirk crosses my face as I pull out silver an Artemis Rod. My index finger pressing the tiny button on the side making the once hand size stick into 5ft pipe with crosses and other religious symbols engrave onto it. Without any hesitation, I stabbed the end of my weapon against his neck. The religious symbol at the end making the man fall hard on the sidewalk. "YOU BITCH!" He cried out in pain.

"Yeah yeah." I mutter pulling out my cellphone and looking back at the girl who couldn't believe what happened. "What are you still doing here?" I asked.

She opened her mouth no worlds able to come out. "I-I..." She takes a deep breath. "T-thank you."

"Don't worry about. Now get out of here.." I said calling Payton's cell. The girl ran inside the apartments as the phone rings.

The man I zapped with a religious symbol bursted out into luaghter. From the coroner of right eye I could see the man trying to scrabble back to his feet. I sighed and stabbed the rob against his back, not letting up until he was back on the ground. "Hello? Faline?" Payton's voice said over the phone, she must be just waking up.

"Aye Payton you think you can come over with your iron suit?" I asked slowly lifting my Artemis rod away from the man's back.

"Bitch just wait till I get up!" The man yelled, his voice annoying.

"It's midnight.. We both know that people shouldn't be at this late.." Payton said her voice had an annoyed tone to it.

"Fine forget I'll take of the blood sucking bastard.." I said kicking the man in the rids. He yelps in pain.

"Wait? You fought one? What level is he!?" Payton asked with sudden interest in her voice.

"Duno.." I sighed. " are you coming or not?"

"Yeah I need you location though."

I told Payton to meet me by our training area. I hang up my phone and slipped it into my pocket. I pokes the man with my weapon. "Okay on your feet." I order.

The man glared at me for a moment before obeying. "You must not be a full killer yet." The man smirked.

"Walk and talk. We going to the training area 375.. " I said making him walk a block with me.

"Since you're not a full killer that means you can't kill or lock me up." The man ,his eyes now change to a calm blue,teased about to leave me side.

"Think about leaving and your ass gets zap again.." I held my weapon ready to attack once again.

The man sighed turning back to the direction we were walking. I didn't find it surprising that streets of New York are now empty. The moon light along with street lights lighting our way as come closer to the training area. The man took a deep inhale. A sinister smile crosses his face his eyes changing into a deep blood red hue. "That smell.." He stopped licking his lips, "it's so appetizing." Without any other warning the man lunged to me. The surprise hit knocked my weapon out of my hand as I hit the ground.

A small sharp pain stung throw my hands. Damnit. I clinched my right hand, the man hand me pined. I could fell my blood slip down my left hand, the man held my wrist close to his lips. "You'll be just fine for a little snack." His voice was smooth and cold, he tighten his grip on wrist I could my bones beginning to crack.

"Not happening!" I sent right hook smashing into his cheek bone. The blow was strong enough to get him off of me. Hurrying to my feet I picked up my Artemis Rod from the ground. Turning around to face the man to find him in the air already to close to do anything.

BOOM!

A blue beam shot down from the star filled night sky hitting the man in the chest. "Faline you okay?" Payton asked landing on the cold sidewalk. She helped me up.

"Yeah just a few scraps and scratches." I replied looking at the black and silver suit in night setting. I poked the man with me foot wait for him to respond. "Congrats Payton you KO the man."

Payton smile and made a popping her invisible collar motion. "It was nothing." She picked up the man knowing she was the safest one to do so with the iron suit and all. The two of us walk to the gates' guards.

Two men with sword and other one with gun looked at Payton and me. Their eyes sizing up. "What are two babes like you doing out so late?"

Payton dropped the man at the guard's feet. "Don't refer to us in that." Payton made her pond page flash in front of the guards. I dig in my pocket and pulled out my pond pag.

One of the guards pick the man the other man laughed. "Oh lookie here. Two ponds. Maybe knights to be."

"We will be knights.." I muttered holding Payton back. "C'on Payton we have to go back home."

"You'll here from my father.." Payton hissed flying up into the starry night.

I ooh the guards as I walked away. The home wasn't so bad it was colder then usually when the wind pass me up. I took off my hoody as I climb up my apartment stairs. I look at phone checking the time, 2:30am. Sighing at the fact I have to wake up in 2 and a half hours. Opening my apartment door seeing that some has been in there, leaving my place trashed.

"Damnit!" I hissed my fist slamming into a wall.