Don't Get Involved

Copyright©Yolo12

Don't Get Involved

Chapter1

"Please, mommy. I promise I won't be bad no more. Just please, don't hit me again."

"Shut your mouth!"

"No! Please, mommy!Stop!! Ahh!"

I loved, I trusted, I tried, and what do I get? Abuse. What's the point? I was abused since I was only 4 years old. 4! Can you believe that? Hold on, it is not over yet. It stopped when I was 15.

"My name is Alex Broads, i'm 17 and I was abused. It started when I was only 4 years. It ended when I was 15. My mother started taking her anger out on me when my father had left us.. 11 years later we find out hes dead. So what does my mom do? She. Kills. Herself. Not only herself but my older brother too. He was only 16. So what do I have to say about this? Hmm, nothing. No words can describe the pain I went through. The pain I suffered." I told the people sitting infornt of us.

"And how do you feel?" The coach, Mrs. Loys asked.

"Empty. Lonely. Miserable."

"Do you think you would ever be able to love again? Trust? Try?" She asked.

"No m'am." I answered and sat down. There you have it. My life story. It haunts me every night.

"Okay class, I want everyone to close your eyes and have a flashback. Can you do that for me?" Mrs. Loys asked. Ha! I still can't believe I am doing this. A club for children who are abused or used to be. Pathetic!

I closed my eyes and let the flashback start.

*~~~~~~~~~~~*

"Alex? Can you come and play with me?" Chris asked.

"No." I said coldly.

"But you are only 7, you need to have fun." Chris said pouting. Guess what Chris, pouting doesn't work. I tried it on mommy for years and I still get a whap. And fun? I feel like fun is banned from our house. The only fun I have is being able to eat and a day with no hitting. Not going outside and riding bikes. Or playing games.

"Alex!" My mom yelled and yanked me by the arm. As soon as I got in the house she let go of me and slammed the door closed.

"I'm sorry, mommy! I won't do it again. I promise! Just don't hit me mommy." I begged. It didn't work. She brang up her hand and smacked me across the face, making me scream in pain and fall down.

"I'm sorry!" I yelled again. I looked over to my older brother who was just watching in fright. He had tears rolling down and was covering his ears.

"What are you looking at?!" My mom yelled at Danny, my older brother. She walked over to him and pulled his hands away from his ears and slapped him. He fell to the ground and she left the house once again. Leaving us hungry, scared, and unprotected. Either way we were unprotected.

I ran over to Danny and hugged him. He hugged me back and we both cried uncontollably.

Danny's not home. Danny's at school. I'm at home and my mommy is at work.

Maybe I should clean up the house? Maybe mommy will love me? Maybe she won't hit me and will feed me. Maybe mommy will want me? Yeah. I tried washing the dishes. I tried doing the laundry. I tried brooming. I tried cleaning up the beer bottles off the floor but I dropped one, making it fall and brake into tiny little pieces. I tried getting the vacuum but the door opened. I thought it was Danny, but I was wrong. Very wrong. It was Mommy and she looked like she drinked again. She looked mad.

"What did you do?!" My mom yelled trying to walk over to me. She couldn't walk straight and her eyes were crossed. She was hlding on the wall from falling down again.

"I'm sorry, mommy. I was just trying to help you." I said looking at my feet.

"Don't call me that you little piece of crap!" She yelled.

"I'm sorry." I said. She didn't accept my apology, instead, she brought up her right hand and slapped my face again. I fell to the floor and grabbed my cheek. She left the kitchen, saying mean words. She came back with her whip and grabbed my hand. She pulled me into the basement and pulled off my shirt and spanked me with the whip across the back. I screamed in pain, I cried, I did whatever I could to stop her. But she didn't stop. The beating just got worse.

Finally, she stopped and stumbled up the stairs and locked the basement door. I put on my shirt, carefully but it still burned. I went over to a corner and wrapped my arms around my legs, bringing up my knees to my chest. What can I do to make her stop? What can I do to make her want me? To make her love me?

The stayed there for hours. I don't know how long, but it turned really dark outside. Suddenly, the door opened and Danny was revealed, with a black eye and a slash across his face.

"I'm sorry." I whispered. He pulled his finger to his mouth and said "Shhh, she'll hear you."

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

"Alex? Alex?" I felt someone shaking me. I opened my eyes and saw Mrs. Loys looking at me worried. I looked around and swallowed the the lump in my throat. Everyone was looking at me. No one looked sweaty or scared, but I am pretty sure I did. I am pretty sure I screamed too.

I jumped out the chair and into my car. I was driving to my dorm. As soon as i got in the hallways, every pair of eyes were on me. I didn't care. I just wanted to get out of here. I opened the door to my dorm and got in. I closed it behind me and walked over to me bed, curling up in a little ball.

Thank god, I have a roommate that isn't stuck up or thinks the world revolves around her. Shes quiet and barely here, only at night. I don't really care if she is here thoug, shes actually pretty. Her names Alice? Yeah. Thats it.

I don't know why but suddenly the guy from the abuse club came into mind. Hes so quiet. Even though he only started but hes so mysterious too. He always wears a hood and shades. Sweats and hoodies. No one has ever seen his face but yet I feel so attracted to him. Crazy, I know. But thats just who I am.

I got up and went into the shower, not really caring if it was hot or cold. It was warm. I took out my clothes and towel and after I was done, I changed. The bell rang signalling it was time for lunch. Yeah, I get to skip the first two periods because of my little abuse club i'm in. Every Tuesdays and Fridays only though.

"Alex, come sit with us!" A boy voice asked. I followed the voice and saw a guy from the abuse club there. He was with some other people there too, but I still walked over to him and sat down.

"Hey." He waved to me.

"Hi." I said in a quiet voice.

"Guys, this is Alex. Alex, this is Leslie, Bianca, Joe, Nick, and Nathan." The guy said. I nodded.

"I'm sorry. I didn't get your name." I said, still in a quiet voice.

"Yeah right, uh Ruben." Ruben replied.

"Oh. Thanks." I said and looked down at the food. I pushed it away, not really feeling hungry.

"Not hungry?" I think it was Joe who asked. Or Nathan? Yeah Nathan.

"No." I said still looking down. They were cute but I wasn't interested.

"You're adorable!" A voice said. I looked up and saw Bianca smiling at me.

"Thank you. You are too." I replied. She was, she had red hair and I think brown eyes? I don't know.

"No probs."

"So, wheres your family now? And do you like it here?"

*A/N:Alex is a giirrl! And sorry I don't know how to do the copyright thingy! Shhhhhh!*