The Wizard's Dialectic

Although their name seldom is mentioned in our modern day, that wizards exist cannot be denied by any rational soul. What but the hand of a wizard could make appear before our eyes students in classrooms without books? Who else could bring words to evaporate from paper and rise into the ether only to precipitate as ions from the sky and rain down to fill little devices small and light enough to be carried about with but the slightest effort? Who but apostles of the magical could deliver a means of enlightenment into the outstretched hands of millions?

As it is in the Land of Oz, wherein reside witches both good and bad, so it is in the world of the wizards. The malevolent ones seek the thwart the kindliness of their brethren. The woes which they inflict upon the people are most ponderous and weighty by any measure.

Magicians of malice, the malevolent wizards with but the waves of their wands, make disappear the futures of the students in the classrooms. So it is too that even the humblest of jobs come to exist only in wild fantasies of febrile minds made ill by deprivation. Save for a few, despair consumes the multitude thrust now into a world that before was unknown. Mere survival is a thing cast now into doubt.

Yet it is these few that still keep close their small and light devices. One reads upon his the words of a poet long dead, "mere anarchy is loosed upon the world." Another comes to see before her eyes a phrase that comes to rest within her heart, "all that is solid melts into air, all that is holy is profaned, and man at last compelled to face with sober senses his real condition of life." The third among them cries out as he lifts his eyes from the little thing clutched tight in his hand, "Hey, once upon a time they called the malevolent ones something different- finance capitalists they were.

Behold a single spark from which much may come.

To those readers who asked what inspired me to write on Wattpad, I provide a link to a publication.

Should you decide to read it, your thoughts would be welcome: http://www.outskirtspress.com/america