Entry Four

So journal,

            Today I moved back into the flat with Sherlock. What I saw, it nearly killed me. Mrs. Hudson had baked a massive cake and Sherlock strung up a banner that actually said ‘Welcome Home John Watson’. Everyone including Sherlock was wearing a little party hat. He threw confetti at me, blew into a little horn. I nearly dropped dead right there.

            Of course, Sherlock didn’t understand why I was laughing. He kept asking what was so funny, what he had done. Oh the look on his face was perfectly confused. He wasn’t happy about it either and he sulked until I explained.

            I have to admit though, walking through that door, I don’t think I had ever seen him happier.

            We had our cake and Sherlock snapped a picture of it before we cut it, then a few more after that. At first, I didn’t understand why. Then he told me. He was sending the pictures to Mycroft.

            In case you didn’t know, journal, this is why I love that man.

            Once all the cake was gone, Mrs. Hudson headed down for the night while apparently Sherlock’s and mine is just beginning. It’s almost like old times. Sherlock’s ranting off facts and coming up with theories that I’m still convinced he pulls from his arse. But whether he does or not, watching him was just amazing. Seeing his mind work was always this breathtaking experience, like the world’s eight wonder or a perfect sunset.

            Thinking about it like that is a little weird I suppose, but it’s the truth. A mind like his is such a rarity.

            Forever impressed,

            John Watson