Chapter 3- Glad to Not Get your Ring

*Blake*

I couldn't be totally sure, but I think my supposed "best man" was hitting on my wannabe bride. I walked through the airport, steam coming out of my ears, as I found the check in table. I threw the tickets down on the marble counter, still steaming.

The lady behind the counter, looked up and smiled a wide flirtatious smile. I glared back in response. The smile fell off and a pout replaced it. Without a word she scanned the tickets, and a man came over and grabbed the luggage that Kylie and Ben had brought up. I turned to see Kylie still tuned out to the world and Ben looking thoughtful. Kylie caught my eye and shot me the same WTH? look that she'd given me in the car. I turned away as the lady checking our tickets started to talk about where to go to get security and the usual crap. I nodded trying to look like I cared.

She turned away to go get something that she had been talking about, and I absentmindedly watched the guy weigh our luggage.

"Colorado, huh?" A feminine voice said next to me. I turned to see a vaguely familiar brunette gazing at the tickets on the counter in front of me.

"Yeah," I said, turning back towards the counter.

"That's cool. I'm going there too actually." I turned back to her, hoping that my 'I don't give a crap' expression would make her stop talking to me, but Kylie noticed her.

"Mirella! What are you doing here?" she squealed, giving the girl a hug.

I did a double take. So this was Mirella. She looked exactly the same as she did in high school. How could I have forgotten her?

I glanced over at Ben who was staring at Mirella wide eyed. I raised an eyebrow. He was gonna have some explaining to do when we got on the plane.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

*Kylie*

"Mirella! What are you doing here?" I exclaimed, giving the shorter Mexican girl a hug. She smiled up at me, her brown eyes darting to steal a look at Blake.

"I'm headed up to Colorado to see my sister. She recently got engaged and they're announcing it at his stepfather's family reunion." Mirella explained. "They had an extra cabin since her fiancé's staying with one of his step cousins so she invited me."

"Like at a dude ranch?" I asked, the gears turning in my head.

She nodded. "But knowing my sister, I'll probably get stuck sharing the cabin with the step cousin so she can be with her fiancé."

"That doesn't sound too bad to me." I said, raising my eyebrows suggestively. "What dude ranch?"

"Uhh, I think it's Coleman's or something like that."

"Us too!" I squealed. Ben and Blake winced at the high octaves my voice was hitting, as Blake grabbed my suitcase and his.

"Really? For what?" Mirella grinned.

"Uh for Blake's family reunion thing. Hey that's probably your sister's fiancé's family reunion too!" I said, all the facts clicking into place.

"Yeah it probably is." We all started walking towards security. "But why are you going?"

"Oh," I said, rolling my eyes. "Blake asked me-"

"Out." Blake interrupted quickly, before I could tell her about the fake girlfriend thing. I shot him a weird look and he sent me a shut up one in return. "I asked her out."

"Took you long enough." Mirella said, laughing. But there was something else in her eye. Jealousy? Before I could figure it out, the glint had passed and she was smiling at me.

"I'm so happy for you! I told you." She said, throwing her carryon bag into a plastic bin.

I rolled my eyes and knew that later I'd have to correct her, but apparently not in front of Blake. I copied her and waited while she and Ben walked though the metal detector arc.

I glanced over at him and he smiled at me. I felt my anger at him quickly disappear and I grinned back.

He threw his arm over my shoulders and I leaned into his side. "You know you still have to take your shoes off right?"

I looked up at him in confusion, and he jutted his chin at the security guard who was glaring at me.

"Oh sorry sir," I said, smiling sweetly up at him.

His face softened slightly, but he still gestured to my feet. "Please take your shoes off."

I frowned but did as he said, tossing the purple Vans into the plastic bin. I walked thought the arc and grabbed my stuff as it slid through the metal detector.

I waited for Blake and saw that Mirella and Ben were talking amongst themselves, laughing and joshing each other. I smiled at how cute they looked together. Ben was well built and stood tall at 6 feet 3 inches. His curly black hair was slightly overgrown and flopped into his blue-green eyes. Mirella was thin and was on the shorter side at about 5 feet 2 inches. Her long dark brown hair was curled down her back and her brown eyes were set off by her deeply tanned skin.

Blake slipped an arm around my waist. I turned my head to face his smirking one. "The terminal's this way." He turned me away from his cousin and my friend. "You ready for this?"

I smiled hugely and nodded excitedly. "Yeah! I can't wait to ride horses and all that dude ranch crap that we get to do."'

He laughed. "I meant the whole 'being my girlfriend thing.'"

"Oh." I said dumbly. "Yeah I'm cool with that too. Is your mom going to be there?"

"Yup!" He said, laughing at my excited expression. Hailey and I had been pals as long as Blake and I had been friends. My mom and her were really good friends and she had been there for both of us when my dad died in action overseas. "But she's going to have to think that we're dating."

I nodded reluctantly. I felt bad that I'd have to lie to one of my favorite people in the world, but she'd probably see right through it. She knew that we were only friends.

-------

*Blake*

My mom was gonna see right through it. She knew that Kylie thought that we were only friends. She had been the one, in fact, to clue me into my true feelings for Kylie. She would always joke about how we were gonna get married one day, and Kylie's little sister Nora would be a perfect bridesmaid. Hell, she'd only planned our wedding five different ways.

"I wonder why there's jewelry stores here," said Kylie, breaking through my thoughts.

I shrugged. "Probably so that the idiot boyfriends who are getting on a plane to propose to their finances aren't all, 'Shit I forgot to get a ring!' That'd probably be me. Proposing without getting the stinking ring first."

Kylie laughed. "Glad I'm not getting your ring then!"

I felt my stomach drop and the beaming grin that had been on my face disappear. I turned forward and said emotionless, "Yeah. You're glad."

-------------

A/N- Ok so I personally wish that I had a hot best friend like Blake. What about you guys? And chapter dedicated to Love_is_dangerous for the amazing cover!!:)