3

Niel was the lowest ranking demon imaginable, a level lower than fiends and he was unlucky enough to born without any marking characteristics so everyone assumed he was a human. That is, until he would snap his fingers and summon blue flames from thin air, something a human certainly could not do. What those who encountered him didn't know though, was that summoning those flames was all he could do. The only thing he could do other is annoy the hell out of his victim which is how Blair found himself in his current predicament.

"So, I saw you hauling a skinny little blonde into your room this morning. Mind telling me what all that was about?" Niel asked while following Blair down the stairs that led to his apartment.

"Nothing for you to worry about." Blair informed with a glare down at the shorter male. Niel dashed infront of Blair and cut him off by leaning on the wall with his arm.

"Are you sure?" Niel replied in a rather suggestive tone that made Blair's stomach churn nervously.

"I am positive, Niel." Neil wiggled his eyebrows and grinned at Blair, moving his arm aside so they could continue. Blair had asked Niel to walk down to the lobby of their apartment building with him to get the ice he promised Shane. If he didn't put a cold compress on the kid's back soon it was going to make molting his wings more painful then it needed to be.

"If you're sure, Im just saying..." Neil pushed into the kitchen and lifted the lid off the insulated tub that contained the ice. It was a public area and staff regularly stocked the ice for everyone who lived in the building. But, at the sight of Niel lifting the lid Blair shook his head and suggested:

"Just take the whole thing."

"The whole container?" Niel laughed, "Are you sure, Blair, I mean cant you get in trouble for that?"

"Do I look like I care?" The demon snapped and picked the ice pot off the counter himself and walked back out the doors with it in his hands. He couldn't lie, that the look he got from the receptionist would surely meet his landowner's ears.

            The two made their way back upstairs, Blair unlocking the door and Niel taking his own initiative to wander inside. As nightfall grew and the sun went down Blair's bedroom grew darker. Setting the ice pot on his dresser he flicked the over head light on in his room which cast a subtle yellow glow over everything, including Shane. The boy's body was covered in a thick sheen of sweat that highlighted the muscles working beneath his skin.

"What is this!" Niel demanded at the sight, "This isn't a girl, I thought you were working to get laid! What happened, did you bite him?"

"Yes, and he is currently changing. I needed the ice to reduce swelling in his back as his wings begin to break through his skin." Blair answered whilst sitting on the bed next to Shane and touching the now enflamed marks on his back. They were defiantly swollen, thick and puckered like a fresh scar. Shane reached out, his hand grabbing Blair's arm as a wave of pain rolled over him. He groaned which quickly turned into a cry.

"Oh no-" Niel fisted his hands into his hair. "You're going to get into so much trouble, Blair, this is illegal! What if I get in trouble because I'm here with you?" Once again, Niel tugged on his brunette pony tail before letting is fall down between his shoulder blades. With stricken brown eyes he watched as Shane's back arched. "Blair... this is...."

"Going to be difficult if you don't bring an ice pack to me right now." An alluring hint crept its way into the tones of Blair's voice as he urged Niel to do as he suggested. The weaker of the two demons cringed, noticing the hint of magic that lurked in the air. And instead of resisting he let it guide him, having no previous intention of going against Blair's words anyway. Niel gave Blair the icepack and he quickly leaned over Shane, massaging the cold into his back.