Chapter 3

I was frantically walking around, running my hands through my hair, trying to both calm down and comprehend what just happened. I just fell through the mirror. I wanted to pull out my hair. I pulled out my phone. I dialled Alexa's number and put it on speaker. It rang and rang until she finally answered me.

"Kayden!! Are you okay? We didn't react fast enough and I feel bad. Is there any way you can get back from wherever you landed?" Alexa asked, more frantic than me. I heard Natalie pacing in the background.

I looked around, not even being able to find out where I fell from. "No, I don't see even see where I fell from," I ran my hand through my hair again, tugging a bit. "I have to go look for it. You guys remember how I said seven and a half days in our world is a day here ?" They both mumbled a yes. "Which means when I go through this little path directly into the actual world, time is gonna change. It's gonna be normal for both of us but when we contact each other it's gonna be weird. It could be tomorrow for you and it's only gonna be about an hour or so for me. It's gonna be difficult for me to find a way out but as soon as I do, I'll find my way home, wherever the exit leaves me."

"What do you mean wherever the exit leaves you? Isn't this the only mirror left?" Nat butted in.

"No there's three left in the world. One in England, America, and Australia. The mirror world is big but it's not like the earth big, more like Russia big. It's gonna be difficult to find the one exit to my attic so whichever I find first I'm going to go through. You understand that, right?" I asked.

"Yes, I understand. Please Kayden, be careful and get out in time. I can't be short a best friend." I can hear Alexa's voice cracking due to the tears that are possibly filling her eyes.

"I will Alexa. Please tell my parents what happened. Tell them everything I've said in this phone call. I have to go now," closer, "okay?" Sniffle, deep intakes of breath.

"Okay. Call me for anything, okay love?" Love. Love is what's going to get me through this.

"Okay love. Goodbye Best Friend, I'll see you on the other side." Will jokes even help us now? I heard her chuckle lightly.

"Goodbye Best Friend. I love you." There's that word again. 'Love.'

"I love you more. Goodbye Natalie."

"Goodbye Kayden." Sniffle, sniffle.

I looked at the phone and ended the call. I slowly started to advance to the entrance. I looked around, noticing how this area was just a white, endless void. From what I can see, there were no walls, no exits except the one I was walking towards. Absolutely nothing. A literal empty, white void.

I stopped walking. I couldn't see anything but I felt the room spinning. I put my hand on my head and stumbled back. I groaned. Nausea, great. I closed my eyes and reached for the floor to kneel down. I haven't been hit with nausea like this in months. I felt the bile rise in my throat. I harshly forced the bile back down and attempted to stand up. I felt weak all over but I was able to stand and continue walking towards the exit. Is this one of the side effects of the witches' spell?

I got to the opening and started to feel tingles throughout my entire body. I inhaled deeply as I stepped through the sparkling doorway. The feeling was indescribable. I could just say that the good type of pins and needles surged throughout my body from head to toe but that doesn't even begin to describe how I just felt.

I opened my eyes, not even remembering closing them. I ended up being blinded for a second and had to close my eyes. This time, taking precautions, I slowly opened my eyes. I took in my surroundings, noticing this looks like absolutely nothing I've ever seen.

When they said this world was beautiful, I didn't know it was this beautiful. I was in a park. All the tree trunks were their ordinary burnt sierra colour but the leaves were of all colours. I'm certain they were not flowers. Violet, magenta, burgundy, cerulean, mint, and much more. I was amazed. The sky was a gorgeous mix of teal and powder blue, no clouds in the sky. I started walking and it felt like I was in my own personal heaven.

While I was striding along, I noticed that there was no one around. Not one, breathing being in sight. I started to become awfully wary of my surroundings. I started to stride slower, examining the area more. There was a pond with glistening water over to my far right. From here, I can make out one singular person sitting on the edge of the dock above the water. It looked like a female from over here but I'm not gonna make assumptions.

I started to walk over towards the person. Once I got closer to the person, I can finally say it was, indeed, a female. She had long dirty blonde hair that flowed down to the dock boards in beach waves. There was a pair of black heeled ankle boots to her right. I can't see the rest of her because I was walking up behind her.

"Ello?" I asked. I heard her gasp and she immediately stood up and turned towards me, straightening out her loose white shirt.

"Who are you?" She questioned. She had an American accent, I wasn't expecting that. She seemed kinda uncomfortable and I felt bad. She was playing with her hands while waiting for my reply.

"Kayden, and you are?" Her eyes widened when I spoke. "Is everything okay, love?" I was about to walk over towards her when she slightly giggled. I made a face and tilted my head to the right, making my confusion known.

"Nothing's wrong, I just wasn't expecting your voice to have that accent. I'm Jamie," she reached her hand out. I grabbed her hand and kissed her knuckles as a greeting. Her skin is so soft... I looked at her and her cheeks were tinted red.

I let go of her hand and chuckled lightly. She put her hands in her back pockets and looked down. Something must've clicked in her head because she turned and sat at the edge again. She grabbed one of her shoes and put it on. Once she finished, she got up and came next to me. I stepped back and gestured for her to go first. She fake curtsied and started walking.

We walked in silence for a few minutes until a thought popped into my head.

"Where is everyone? Why is there no one around?" I gestured to the air around me. Jamie sighed.

"There is no 'everyone'." Lots of emphasis on the "everyone".

I froze. "What?!"