part one

part one

November 18th, 2012

8:50 pm

Marissa's flat

London.

                     THE ROOM WAS QUIET as the two best friends sat on the couch in Marissa's living room. The girl stared at her best friend, whose face was casted downwards while he nervously played with his fingers.

                        "Liam, is everything alright?" Marissa's voice whispered, her words soon disappearing into the atmosphere.

                        Liam shook his head before he glanced up at Marissa. That was when Marissa realized that Liam's face was blotchy and red from the tears that he had shed, and was currently still shedding.

                           A gasp escapes Marissa's mouth, and as an act of comfort, she tosses her skinny arms around Liam's shivering torso. Upon contact, the boy broke into loud sobs, burying his head in his friend's chest.

                             "No, everything is not alright," The boy hiccuped into Marissa's chest. He was not lying, everything was not alright. It was the complete opposite of alright, and as he thought about the news he had received earlier today, the boy burst into a fit of sobs, new tears streaming down his face.

                                "Tell me what's wrong, babe." Marissa commanded. She hated seeing her best friend so-so sad. Liam was not one to cry, especially when things got hard, but now as the boy laid in her arms crying his eyes out, she knew that something bad has happened.

                                    "Marissa, I have cancer."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Author Note:

This story is sad, short and stupid. Do not read if you are bitchy because most likely you are going to bitch and I do not take criticism well.

All chapters will be this short, bye.

_ireland

P.S. - I am aware how cliche this is, but I was inspired by Lorde's 'Buzzcut Season' which recently became one of my favorite songs, hence the name.