Chapter 4 - Big bad Alpha?

Lila wasn't sure why but she swore that she was being followed by the Alpha. It kind of freaked her out. He wasn't even trying to hide that he was doing it, even though he pretended to, and she was totally bewildered by the man's continual attempts at getting her to laugh.

It'd gone on for some weeks. The last time she'd caught him 'sneaking' after her, he'd swung around, whistling, hands in pocket, even though it was pretty obvious what he was doing. It was the strangest thing. Some part of her felt threatened by it. Really threatened actually. Because it wasn't just him constantly paying her attention.

The truth was, she was getting way too much of that attention she always seemed to get from guys, and she didn't know how to handle it. They weren’t nice guys either. Oh, they might have had families, or kids, but she felt it deep down. The way they leered at her, or openly undressed her with their eyes, or 'accidentally' brushed against her and hands 'accidentally' brushing against very specific parts of her.

She'd tried to ignore it. It was hard though. Especially in the kitchen where the only exit was one door and she had to usually escape past one or two of the jerks who kept following her around. They didn't do it in front of the Alpha, she suspected, but she wasn't sure. Was it a game? Was the Alpha and these fighters playing some kind of sick game with her?

Emilia didn't really know. She'd asked her at some point and Emilia had just said to stay away from them, that she'd handle it, but Lilia had started to notice that she vanished too at night. Always at night, when she thought Lilia was asleep, but it was never a good thing when Emilia vanished like that.

The last time Emilia had started to vanish at night, Lilia had found out that she'd started to prostitute herself for extra cash, because the job with the Pack wasn't paying enough to cover the rent and University. Lilia had wanted to drop out then but Emilia had refused, promising she wouldn't do it again, she just wanted Lilia to keep doing her studies. Refused to let Lilia work for a year while Emilia went to University- she reassured Lilia then that she could support Emilia when Lilia was working as a midwife.

It frustrated her sometimes, Emilia taking on this role of mother or older sister, even though they were just an hour apart in age. Because Emilia had this habit of shutting off from Lilia 'for her own good', of keeping things from her, sacrificing herself to protect Lilia. She did it much too much.

Lilia tried to hold onto the hope that Emilia hadn't broken her promise for a few weeks, as the two of them found themselves more or less in a routine with this new Pack, tried to avoid the sleazy assholes that kept groping her ass.

But one month here, exactly, and with Emilia vanishing all night, the Alpha stalking Lilia all over the place and sleazy jerks cornering her, and she found out exactly why her sister vanished. She'd been waiting for these conditions- a blizzard rolled in, and suddenly the Pack Estate was completely and utterly covered with a crazy storm.

This didn't stop Emilia for some reason. So Lilia had followed her. Lilia was bad at a lot of things relating to strength and conflict, she'd be the first to admit that, but when it came to stealth she'd always been the best. With the silvery snow under her silvery blonde fur, she was perfectly concealed against the snow in the blizzard.