Chapter 3- New Faces

Sorry for the late update and short chapter. I just have really bad writers block. Hopefully I'll come up with something good soon. Hope you enjoy :D

The room was small, about 10 feet in length and width, A single window behind her, all the walls white. Toph wakes from her foggy dreams.

TOPH P.O.V.

     My head hurts...

     *Jangle*

     What?..Chains?.. Oh man, I feel like Appa sat on me again...

     Opening her eyes, Toph squinted at the bright lights from above and she could smell different herbs.

     A hospital?

     She stretched her body. The hospital bed she was on was soft, but she was stiff, as if she had been out for days. Heavy shackles were on her wrists, the chains attached to the side rails of the bed. She still had her normal clothes on, but they smelled like the herbs floating around the room.

     Great. Now I'm going to have to find a place to wash my clothes to get this girly smell out. This just keeps getting better...

     "Where are you from?" Toph froze as the voice interuppted her thoughts.

Don't look, just ignore him.......

      The room was quiet for a long time, but Toph already knew who it was. The Gaara guy.

     Great...

     "Where are you from?" He asked again, his voice monotone, unnerving Toph with every passsing second, but Toph wasn't in a good mood.

     "Why should I tell you?!" She snapped,"You and your friends are the reason I'm stuck here in the first place." Gaara was quiet, irritating Toph. "How did I get here anyway? Last I remember I was kicking your butt." Toph smirked.

     And I would have won too.

     "When you took Kankuro, I really though he was gone. I.... I wanted to kill you." Tophs' eyes widened, Gaara averting his gaze to the floor.

     "Why would I kill the guy? I hardly knew him. I just tossed him in one of those cells you locked me in. But how did I end up in here?"

     "Kankuro still had some darts with sleeping syrum. He gave it to Temari, who ran up and shot you from behind. You're lucky she decided to let you live.."

     "Then why didn't you kill me while I was down?" Gaara looked back at Toph, his eyes harsh.

     "Because I wanted to know who you were... because you don't look at me like a monster..." Toph bursted out laughing, Gaara immedietly becoming defensive. "Why are you laughing at me?!" Toph stopped, a questioning look on her face.

     "Why are you being such a downer?" Gaaras' became confused, "That was the best fight I've ever had! And you're not a monster. You're just have more power then everyone else, so if your a monster, then that makes me..." Gaara stared up at Toph," That would make me... a beast!" Gaara stood there dumb-founded. "Anyway, I'm hungry." Toph looked around Garra, and into the hallway, tugging on her chains. "Let's go get some food."