Chapter Five

I remember tears streaming down your face, when I said I'd never let you go..

                                                         --Taylor Swift, Safe & Sound.

Chapter Five:

Aiden Lee's Point Of View:

When Sike said that Alexis’ blood was tainted, only one thing came to my mind. The thing that I hadn’t even thought of for three years, if her blood is tainted it means that she’s not pure, that she’s going to start changing whether I liked it or not. There was another option, that meant her leaving for a long while and I wouldn’t be able to cope with that. ‘What do you mean my blood is tainted!?’ Alex shrieked at Sike, sounding completely offended. I turned to her, opening my mouth to speak when she cut me off. ‘I feel fine!’ I looked back at Sike and my Grandfather, who were curiously eyeing her as if she was some sort of lab experiment. ‘You know what this means, Aiden, don’t you?’ My Grandfather asked me, completely ignoring Alexis’ freaking out.

I gulped, slowly nodded. ‘Yes,’ my voice sounded different, weak even.

‘What does this mean?’ Alexis demanded. Her gaze shifted between me and my Grandfather then back to my again. ‘Aiden?’

‘Is there any other option?’ I asked my Grandfather, also ignoring Alexis. I didn’t know how to tell her that she could possibly be taken away from me and forced to live in another pack.

‘You know the answer, Aiden’ Sike said to me, causing my frown to deepen. ‘C’mon Elliott, Let’s leave them to talk’ He and my Grandfather stepped past us and went into the living area then began a discussion about fishing.

‘Well?’ Alexis probed, fanning her hands about. ‘An explanation please, today would be nice’

‘Tainted blood means that your blood is different from other werewolves. Different from mine’ I started, trying to sum up all my thoughts and make them into sentences. ‘When you were recovering, my Grandfather gave you werewolf blood the same blood that runs through my veins. But when you first phased, your blood mixed with the werewolf blood and now you’re not pure anymore, you’re tainted’

‘What?’ Alexis breathed, searching my face to see if I was bluffing.

‘If the other packs find out, then they’re going to take you away from me’ I told her, trying to hide the worry in my voice. ‘Packs are based on the blood type, the others and I all have the same blood type so that’s what makes us a pack. Your blood isn’t the same as mine, meaning you can’t be in my pack. Seeing as you’re not in the pack and this isn’t your territory, you’re a trespasser’

‘A trespasser?’ Alexis repeated. She grimaced at the sound of the word. ‘Aiden, I’ve lived here since the day I entered the world, I’m not a trespasser’

I shook my head; this was going to be harder to explain than I thought it would be. ‘That doesn’t matter anymore, you’re a werewolf now. All the rules that apply to me and the others, apply to you too’

Alexis pressed her face into the palm of her hands and sat down on the ground; she leaned her head against the wall and looked up at me. ‘I don’t want to be like this anymore, Aiden.’ She squeaked as her face crumpled up. ‘I don’t want to leave’

I crouched down in front of her and stretched my hand then used the pads of my thumb to wipe her tears away. ‘I wish I could do something to make this all better, believe me, I do.’ I said, gazing into her eyes, they were filled with hope. ‘But I can’t and I’m sorry that things had to turn out this way’ the glint of hope that was in her eyes vanished and more tears streamed down her cheeks, more than my thumb could handle.

‘I want to stay!’ She exclaimed at me, putting her hands either side of her face and sobbing harder. I hated seeing her like this; it only made it harder for me to continue with my explanation. I lifted her up in a martial position and carried her into my Grandfather’s spare room then seated her on the bed. ‘Please don’t let them send me away, Aiden’

‘I’m sorry, Alex’ I shook my head, gently stroking her hair. ‘I’m so sorry,’

‘What happens now?’ She asked me, sniffling. ‘Do I have to go home and pack? What am I going to say to my Dad?’ She started babbling all sorts of questions. ‘He’s going to flip a switch when he finds out I’m just going to randomly go away’

‘We’ll take care of your Dad’ a voice from the doorway said. Sike entered the room and sat down on the bed next to Alexis. ‘It’s not all bad, Alex’

‘It’s not all bad?’ I repeated incredulously. ‘There’s only one pack per state, Sike. She could be sent to a state which is far away from here’ I blurted out, slapping my hand over my mouth. All my worries were starting to boil over, like a pot of boiling hot water. Alexis stared at me, her face was unreadable.

‘That might not happen, they might allow her to stay because she has family here’ Sike argued, breaking the short silence.

‘Might’ I pointed out.

‘Maybe we could get some human blood from the hospital and put it in me’ Alexis suggested, obviously on impulse. ‘That could work, right?’ She looked at me then at Sike then back at me again. ‘I mean, when Elliott put the werewolf blood in me, it was through injection so maybe if we inject some human blood, that could work’

‘It’s not that easy’ My Grandfather put in as he entered the room with a glass of water. ‘Here, drink this’ he thrust the glass in Alexis’ direction, she took it from him and started to sip on it then took two large gulps before placing the empty glass on the bedside table. ‘She’s already starting to get heated’ he muttered to himself, putting his hand on her forehead then looking at me. ‘This isn’t reversible, but we can slow down the transition’

‘How?’ the three of us said at once.

My Grandfather left the room, and then returned seconds later with a necklace in his hand. It was a silver necklace with a moonstone for a pendant. ‘This is a very old necklace, it slows down the process of transition from a human to a supernatural being’ He un-did the clasp and clipped it around Alexis’ neck. ‘It may make you feel a little bit tingly at first, but it should slow it down enough to give us time to sort this all out.’

Alexis got up and went over to the mirror, fiddling with the pendant as she gazed at her reflection. ‘What are the dos and don’ts of this?’ She finally turned around, her face flushed with tears. She wiped her face then wiped her hands on her jeans.

Do keep it on at all times and don’t go outside when the full moon is out’ Grandfather simply stated.

‘That’s it?’ I questioned, standing up straight. ‘Just keep it on and don’t go out on full moon?’

‘That’s it’ Grandfather grinned to himself, before leaving us three in the room.

Author's note: Okay, I know it's not that long but it's something, right? I hope you enjoyed it. The next chapter will be better, I promise! Expect new characters and a twist! Thanks for reading, please leave your thoughts in the comments section!

Daisie xo