1

He pushed through the door into the smoke-filled room, his dress shoes clicked as they switched from the pressed dirt of the walkway outside to the heavily polished wood flooring of the bar. With glowing yellow eyes and a wicked smirk the young man slipped his hands into the pockets of his ebony tailcoat.

"Oh! Waiter!" He called, taking quick steps towards a young man pulling a cart behind him. The boy looked up, his eyes round and lively just as Blair liked them, filled with a cyan tinted innocence.

"Yes, sir? How may I be of help?" Blair drug his eyes over the child's stout form, slender shoulder's and pale freckled face framed by chestnut hair. Blair licked his lips seductively and placed his hand on his hip, cocking it out.

"Well you see, I don't exactly have a reservation but I am meeting someone here soon. It is rather urgent. If you don't mind..." Blair snuck his free hand up onto the boy's shoulder and pressed his lips against the shell of the young one's ear relishing how he shivered when his lips moved. "... I need you to pull a few strings and get me into the private rooms in the back."

"O-oh! Okay!" The chestnut-haired lad stuttered while his face flushed from the unfamiliar situation causing Blair to smirk. "Right this way."

'Quincey's' was a world-renowned pub in Winchester England known for its excellent service, service that went beyond the bar. It was terribly difficult to make a reservation here much less become a member, and walk-ins were rarely accepted. Which explains why Blair never lurked around its doors for very long much less attempted to become a member. The boy he was following now was obviously new, any experienced employee would've turned Blair away without second thought. Watching the child's shoulder's move through the crowd Blair almost felt bad about doing this. But, he had no choice in the reality of it all.

"Here, you can go in any room you want." The boy said with a bright smile.

"Oh! I know I can." Blair told him, tapping his foot thoughtfully he glanced him over once more before deciding. "How about you come with me? Escort me, if you will?" The kid seemed to hesitantly turn and walk down the hallway with doors lining the walls. Blair turned to one, throwing it open and tugging the boy along with a gasp. Throwing his arms out wide Blair announced with a bright smile. "The party is now here! You may proceed to the floor!"

"I never pegged you as arrogant, Blair." A voice in the distance said sardonically.

"Oh Aeneas! I never pegged you an inconsiderate jackass, but, here we are." Blair slammed the door closed and drug the waiter forward with him who stumbled along, unable to keep up with Blair's wide girth. Aeneas, with the brightest shade of bronze skin and fiery red hair that he wore in a tail upon his head, adorned with beads and braids scowled threateningly at Blair.

"Sit down." He hissed, flicking his wrist at a velvet lined chair opposite of himself. "You have no right to say such things to me. If we could pull up your own record – "

"You wouldn't find a thing." Blair deadpanned, pulling the human boy into his lap. "Are you trying to hold information you don't have over my head, Aeneas? If so, I would say THAT is rather arrogant, wouldn't you agree?" Aeneas curled his fingers into the arms of his seat and growled,

"You and I both know that if someone could collect a list of everything you've ever done there would be enough information there to have you sentenced!"

"By what terms? Human? Or Demon? Because, I am neither." Blair curled his nails into the human's arm making the boy squirm uncomfortably. Aeneas eyed the waiter with distaste, blood began to bleed into the fabric of his uniform, but, the boy didn't make a sound. Aeneas chalked his silence up to fear from the way he was shaking and glancing between himself and Blair.

"It doesn't matter!" Aeneas announced, standing up and crossing his arms and snapping his fingers where a cigar appeared not a moment later. Aeneas took a long draw and exhaled spilling smoke into the room. "So, what are you doing with that one?" He asked, motioning to the boy in Blair's lap.

Blair glanced sideways at the waiter and bit his lip,

"Breakfast of course! I don't play with these things for very long, you see, they become trouble-some." With that Blair drew the boy down and fit his mouth over the curve of his neck and sank his fangs into the artery that pulsed beneath. A piercing scream tore itself from the waiter's throat that was silenced by the palm of Blair's hand. When the boy fell limp, he was shoved to the floor. "Is there any important reason that I am here, Aeneas? I'm growing rather bored and you've yet to do anything that isn't suffocate me with your second-hand smoke." Blair waved his hand through trundles of smoke to prove his point and glowered.

Aeneas watched blood drip from Blair's chin with disgust written clearly on his face. He sighed and looked away,

"There's this girl." He started, "I caught her a few years ago as a human on the side of the street and drank from her. It's not something I go out of my way to do since it had been outlawed by the council. But she survived and has recently been wreaking havoc and I am much too weak to dirty my hands with this sort of thing." With a roll of his eyes Blair supplied,

"So you want me to do it?" Of course, he would, but it was fun watching Aeneas have to study him as if gaging his answers based on his tones which were constantly changing.

"Will you?" Aeneas asked truing to face him.

"What choice do I have? With all this potential information, you are saying could eventually be forced over me, maybe, this will give me one ally?" Blair replied with a smirk.

"Oh, I hardly think so." Aeneas said with a frown, "I will be taking my leave and, please take care of your mess." With that Aeneas disappeared out the door, most likely to never been seen again.