The Hollow Request for Follow

Okay, so this is the thing that annoys me the MOST on Wattpad. I absolutely hate, loathe and despise it when people be like, "Hey, I just followed you. Follow back, please?" Yeah, well, thanks a ton for following me and I hope I'm properly grateful and all that but this ain't Twitter! I will definitely follow you if I like your works and want to stay updated on your books but otherwise, just no, 'cause I don't want my notification page flooded with random updates. The meaningful notifications just get lost in the other useless spam.

I get that some people are huge social butterflies, I am too, but you do not need to go around pestering people to follow you back repeatedly. Imagine someone you barely know come up to you. Okay, tolerable. Then they start poking you in the exact same place again and again and again and again until your head is about to explode with excruciating frustration. Yeah, that is what the 'follow me-follow me!' people come across like to me.

Okay, do not get me wrong. I absolutely love meeting new people, especially on Wattpad and I, being the big chatterbox I am, will readily talk to you for hours, possibly boring you to death. So, it's not like I'm against people socializing with each other. I just believe that for socializing, you don't need to bother someone constantly, just to gain a follower and 'become popular on Wattpad' without even reading or writing. That, my friend, is just plain absurd. Period.

If you want to get to know someone, message them, post on their Wattpad walls or even add them on Facebook, if you want to. But the 'follow-for-follow' crap? No buddy, not so much. I can actually go on and on about the irritation this 'trend' has caused me on numerous occasions but I think you guys expected it as this is a rant book and all. So yeah, the thing occupying the topmost position on my 'Things-That-Annoy-Me-on-Wattpad' list is the hollow request of follow.

Am I the only one whose pet peeve is this or are there others of my kind among you? Comment below your views, 'cause I want to know.

Till the next update, stay tuned and stop requesting people to follow you back.