Chapter 6: тıмe føя α ¢ħαиge

When I finally rise into consciousness, I feel slightly refreshed, but the back of my eyes ache from the harsh white light I had seen. Wait a second, white light?

I crack open my eyes, careful if the light was still there. But all I see is the wasteland. I try to stand up, but pain envelopes me and forces me back to the ground. I take a glance at my wounds and gasp slightly.

I have been hurt before, and my new wounds would take years to heal completely.

But as I stare in awe at my once gaping wound on my leg, I know that this is different. Whoever the voice was, healed my leg, almost completely. The skin has healed most of the way over, and is slightly pink.

My back hurts slightly from my deep sleep, but I can stretch it out. My other cuts and scraps are the same as my leg, almost healed. Yes, I will have scars, but The Government says that scars are good, that they show the battles that you have been through.

Now, to find out who exactly the voice was. Who could it be? Maybe the Government? No, The Government loves pain and torture. So do all of it's people.

But maybe I can be different.

Maybe there is something other than pain. Other than sadness and anger.

That is why I can't give up, not on myself. Not on The Government. Not on the voice.

'The shadows of light will change, all will be brighter than the sun.' The voice hummed in my mind.

"Who are you?" I ask out loud.

'I am.' It answers. What kind of answer is that?

Before my mind can try to figure it out, a cold winbust strikes at me, but a cocoon of warmth circles me, warding off the cold, biting wind. Whoever this is- whatever this is- it has to be good. But there is no good in The Government!

Perhaps there are things other than The Government.

"Just tell me who you are!" I screech, pulling on my hair.

'No need to get mad, daughter.'

My anger simmers down, disappearing. I stop pulling my hair and start to breath slowly, soon becoming calm again. "Please. Please, just tell me who you are. And I'm not your daughter." I say softly.

'I am that I am. Yes, you are my daughter. Just not in the way you think I am you father.'

I nod slightly, not understanding any of this conversation. "Where are you?" I ask.

'I am everywhere. From the trickling streams, to the burning fires. To the icy winds, to the burning lava. I am in the Earth, I am in the sky. I am everywhere.'

Confusion fills me, but somehow my mind bends around the voice's words. I find myself nodding, getting who this was. This was strong than The Government. This could defeat The Government. It was just waiting for the right time to strike back.