Chapter 9: Candy Girl

---Cassie POV---

I open my eyes to searing bright light, a vast white celling, and a pounding in my head. I sit up only to realize I'm at the nurses office and Jughead is sitting next to me holding my hand. I take the hand that's not in Jughead's and I press into my temples trying to rid myself of this annoying pounding sensation.

"Oh my gosh, Cassie, thank god your okay." He says taking his other hand and rubbing soothing circles into the sore spot on the side of my head. That must have been where I got hit. I look into his eyes and I thought I saw some tears in them for a second but I brush it off as my vision still being messed up.

"Jug, what happened?" I ask gently throwing my legs over the side of the white cot so I could sit up and look him in the eyes better.

"Well there was the fight with Archie and that douchbag, and when Reggie was trying to hit Archie he missed and hit you instead." He growls in anger. "It took every ounce of my self control not to turn him into a Jason Blossom double. It's just, when I saw you unconscious on the floor, I," He trails off looking down.

"What, Jug?" I ask I didn't realize how close we were until we were sharing the same breath. He looked up again, our noses almost touching. "What?"

He still doesn't say anything but the next thing I know his hands cup my face and his lips are pressed on mine and any thoughts I had just completely flew out of my brain and into the trash. I don't move for a few seconds not believing that this is real but soon I relax into his touch and kiss him back. After what felt like hours I pull away needing a breath.

"That's what." Juggy jokes the most adorable smile on his face.

"Now to kickoff this pep rally," Principal Weatherbee starts later on that night during the pep rally. "I'd like to hand it over to our very own Mayor McCoy."

"Thank you, Principal Weatherbee." She says with a lot of energy. "It is heartening to see so many of you here, even in weather like this. But a lack of heart and school spirit has never been the Riverdale way. Tonight's pep rally isn't like any other we've had in the past. And we shouldn't pretend that it is. Which is why I would like to dedicate this evening to the memory of one of our brightest. Jason Blossom. We're with him tonight. Now please, join me in welcoming to the field our very own River Vixens, and their special guest stars, my daughter, Josie and her Pussycats!" The whole croud starts cheering loudly.

"Hey, shawty You're my candy girl The kind with the swirls. Oh, so good Baby out of this world. Looks so sweet, Fell in love with your curves. Every time you speak Conversation like, sir. S-U-G-A-R You ain't her. Oh, honey, honey, Put money on that girl. Let's keep it in her circle You everything I deserve. Baby wants her sugar I'm ready to get served . Sugar, Oh, honey, honey You are my candy girl, And you got me wanting you, Ooh.

I saw this girl, I wanna know her name. She's got this body It's driving me insane. 'Cause I need a candy, girl. Her kisses rock my world  More legs, brown eyes, Ain't nobody like a fancy girl. Sugar, Oh, honey, honey You are my candy girl, And you got me wanting you."

"All right, you all ready?" The coach call out after we finish our cheer. "Let's make some noise! Put your hands together for the Riverdale Bulldogs!" The bulldogs start running out with Archie leading in the front and nobody knows what happened next except Cheryl just ran off the stage crying, Veronica and Betty following soon after.

"Hey." A voice says from behind me. I turn around with a smile to see Jughead leaning against the fence.

"Hi." He grabbed my hand pulling me away from the croud and behind the bleachers. "I didn't think pep rallies were your scene?" I joke.

"Yeah, well your a cheerleader now and let me say, I've never really liked cheerleaders before but damn, you make that uniform look hot." I nudge him a little. "I just don't know how I got so lucky." He whispers tucking a stray piece of hair out of my face and behind my ear.

"You?" I ask incredulously. "I'm the one who got lucky."

"How's that?" He questions seriously.

"Well, I've liked you for a while and I guess I just never, in my wildest dreams, thought this would happen."

"Well it did." He leans in a kisses me sweetly for a little bit. "Do you want to maybe go get a milkshake at Pop's?" Jughead asks after he pulls away.

"I'd love that." I smile and take his hand.

"Here you go. One chocolate and one strawberry." Pop says handing us our drinks.

"Thank you." I smile looking next to me to find Jughead staring at me. "What?" I laugh.

"It's just that, your so beautiful." I blush but we are interrupted by the bells jingling.

"Do you guys want to join us?" Jughead offers when he sees Archie, Betty, and Veronica walk into the Chock'lit Shoppe. 

"Yes, but only if you're treating." Veronica jokes and we all laugh together as they sit down. "Veronica Lodge." She introduces herself to Jughead.

"Jughead Jones, the third." Juggy replies and I smile.

"Jughead Jones, the third." She repeats and we continue laughing, joking, and talking.

---Narrator POV---

Jughead Voiceover: To someone on the outside, peering in, it would've looked like there were five people in that booth. For one shining moment, we were just kids. Those bright neon lights of Pop's keeping the darkness at bay. Giving way, as all nights must, to a morning of reckonings.

"We're reviewing new systems of human biology starting with-" The biology teacher is cut off by the door opening and the principal and Sheriff Keller walking into the room. The whole class stops. Betty and Kevin, Veronica, Archie, Cassie and Jughead all turn to look at the door.

"You're here for me, aren't you?" Cheryl says standing up slowly. "Because of the autopsy?"

"We don't need to do this in front of your classmates, Cheryl." Principal Weatherbee says trying to help her out a little.

"It's all right, Principal Weatherbee." She puts her writs up and hands together as though she is going to be cuffed. "They'll find out soon enough."

"Now, that won't be necessary." Sheriff Keller says motioning to her imaginary handcuffs.

"Wait, Cheryl, find out what?" Veronica jumps in.

"That I'm guilty."

Jughead Voiceover: As shocking as those three words were, they were nothing compared to the secrets that Jason's body had given up during its autopsy. That Jason didn't die on July 4th, as we believed, but over a week later.

You are my candy girl, And you got me wanting you...