Part 1: Twins

Marilyn's POV:

I slipped my shoes on and tied them neatly, ready for school. The first day back and suddenly I'm a senior already, the moment I've been waiting for, sorta of?

I don't know what I feel... I don't even know if I can feel, because this is the part were I scream my lungs out. Scream of terror because it is going to be the last school year for me, and other trouble teenagers.

I was not going to let my gaurd down though I want to show how I can get through this. After highschool, where the hell am I heading off too?

My mother is saving up so much money for me to go to college, but she's not the only one, I am too. If anything I would love to go to college, I am settled.

"Marilyn! Hurry up you're going to be late for school!" My mother's voice yelled from downstairs.

We both knew she had work today and I did too. She's a nurse and I'm working at a book store. We get pay very well, mostly my mom, but hey for me its better than working at a gas station or a burger joint. But then that's the thing about people, they rather be buying cigarettes then a book, or a dead animal in a bun than a book. See my point?

A book has many more details than ever. Like if you want to know what's in your burger, get a book about it. Books require little simple things you didn't know about and you can also explore a characters life and see if it relates to yours. Knowing someone out there knows what you're going through, what life experience you are into.

Books, they're a mystery.

I rush out of my room and downstairs where my mom was waiting for me patiently. She already had her nurse uniform on with her hair in a high ponytail. Her long black hair reached its way down her shoulders. My mom has blue eyes yes, I get the beauty from her, supposedly I'm not bragging though. Although my mom is pretty looking woman. She always had great expectations for me. When growing up my mom was the only one taking care of me, she try so hard to put food on the table. I grew up lonely without a father nor siblings, but having a special mom is enough.

"Finally, don't forget your coat" she said as she swung the door open and sped walk to her car.

As I locked the door behind I turned around, and there stood a man in a suit and black top hat. I couldn't see his or her face, it seemed like she/he was wearing a mask over it. It stood next to a tree in the front of our house. It didn't even move or said something, it just stood there watching me, I think.

A honk interrupted my wonders and gaze towards the dark figure. My mom was getting frustrated .

"Mary! Hurry up! What are you waiting for!?"

"Yeah-, okay. sorry" I swallowed as i ignore the figure and walked towards the car.

Once I sat down in the passengers seat, I looked back and the strange person was gone. No where else seen. I even think I had goosebumps running down my spine. What the hell was that?

My thoughts wandered off to my grandmother, she never had told me about dark figures, but only spirits. Spirits that you can easily realize how they look like, but this one was all dressed in black and no motion was addressed. I need to find out . I'll just call her after school.

My grama doesn't live here though she still lives back to Canada, where I was born. My family of history actually and I miss all of them. My mother never really talks about why had we move here to London, its strange. Like one day her and my grandmother get along quite well, then the next its no more calling or texting or mailing. I still keep contact with my grandmother, but I don't let my mom know about that, its between me her only.

I miss her badly. I miss all the birthdays and special occasions that my mom, grandma, and I celebrated. I just wish one day we will all be a big happy family again. Just once.

"Marilyn, are you alright?" my mother ask as she stopped in front of my school.

"hmm, yeah I'm fine" I gave her a warm smile and opened the car door but as I soon as I stepped foot a hand pulled me back down.

"Don't forget what I had told you before, ignore all the ridiculous remarks and just do your thing." she gave me a sympathetic look her blue eyes almost seeming sad.

She had told me more than once this time. Lately every one in my school has been calling me a freak since sophomore year because of my ability I had. No one believed me, I had one friend who I had told this secret but her idiot ass didn't keep it. After telling everyone I had not yet had any friends and kept my mouth shut through the rest of the years.

I will always hate her.

"okay mom. bye" I said at last.

I walked towards the building that had been haunting me since I first came here. It it weird how I'm probably the only Canadian with no accent just like them. This place is all british and probably Indian, Irish, and Australian all the way. I could careless though I didn't have high hopes on anyone but me. And Im keeping it that way.

Senior year here I come.