Crystal Gems x male!Reader

For @IrisFortney

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Exasperated, you pushed the stack of papers to the side. Being an adult always seemed fun when you were a kid, but it certainly wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Sure, you could drive, go to bed when you wanted to, watch movies the whole day, and there were no parents constantly watching over you. On the other hand, you had to wake up at an ungodly hour of the morning and go to work, and then come home and do paperwork, which was arguably worse than what you had been assigned in your senior year of high school. Paperwork, paperwork, and more paperwork sat on your desk, waiting to be filled out just so more could take its place. You were at the end of your wits, and didn't think you could finish it even if you tried. With a sigh, you stood up, and decided to go for a late night stroll on the beach.

You thought would be the perfect thing to relax you, especially after sitting in the same office chair for multiple hours. You couldn't have been more wrong. As fate would have it, you actually ended up more stressed than before. Oh, irony. At the moment, you were booking it down the beach, sand flying up behind you, and a swarm of what looked like sea urchins close on your heels.

Flying sea urchins.

You didn't know how it was possible, but there they were, like a very pissed off nest of hornets. At this moment, you would actually rather have the hornets behind you. To make matters worse, every time you glanced over your shoulder, they seemed to be getting closer, and you were getting very tired. This was not good.

Soon,  the urchin-like creatures were right behind you. Pretty much accepting your fate, you fell onto the sand and curled into a ball, hoping it would at least be quick.
What a headline this would make. You thought. "LOCAL MAN STABBED TO DEATH BY FLYING SEA URCHINS."
The panic-induced thought exited your mind, and you realized that, aside from being face first in the sand, you were fine. Slowly, you looked up. To your great surprise, all of the creatures had disappeared! You dusted the sand out of your face and hair and stood up. "Are you ok?" A voice behind you spoke, and you nearly jumped out of your skin.

You turned to see a pale woman with a spear in her hand. At first glance she seemed normal, aside from her practically-white skin, but upon closer inspection you realized there was a circular.. pearl(?) on her forehead. "Uh.. y-yeah I'm ok." You replied. Before you had a chance to ask a whole lot of questions, two other women walked up behind the first. One was very tall, buff, and had a squarish afro. The other was short, a little chubby, and had a mane of long white hair. Oh, and she was purple. You stepped back. "Am... am I hallucinating? What's going on?" You asked, nervously looking from one woman to the other. The purple-skinned one walked closer. "Uh, well, we just totally saved your life from those urchins. I think you should be thanking us, dude." She said, with hands on her hips. The pale woman turned quickly, glaring at the shorter one. "Amethyst! Don't be so rude." She looked back to you. "You're probably very confused right now. We're the Crystal Gems, protectors of this planet. We're not human, which is why we look different from you." Before she could finish, you butted in.

"Are you aliens?"

She paused. 'Amethsyt' (you assumed that was her name) laughed. The lady with the afro shook her head. She spoke. "We're gems."

"Uh, ok." You said, still confused.

"Oh hey! You don't even know our names! Well except mine, I guess." Amethyst said. She pointed to the pale woman.

"That's pearl." Pearl gave a small smile.

"That's Garnet." Garnet stood as still as ever. You guessed she wasn't one for conversations.

"And I'm Amethyst, just in case you weren't sure." She smiled, extending a hand. You shook. "I'm (y/n)."

Pearl whispered something to Garnet, who gave a small nod in response. She then turned to you. "Well, (y/n), it was nice meeting you. If you'd like, you can join us for dinner. We don't eat, except Amethyst, but we can explain everything then. You're probably a little  confused."

You were a little shocked that you'd just been asked to dinner. Especially dinner with three attractive women. "Oh, thank you! That would be great!" You smiled. "What time?"

"7:00 sharp! Don't be late or we won't let you in!" Amethyst said sternly.

"Amethyst!" Pearl scolded.

Amethyst grinned. "Sorry (y/n). I was only joking."

You laughed. "Ok, 7 it is. See you then!"

Amethyst and Pearl both waved and said bid you goodbye as you headed back up the beach. Garnet gave you a soft smile and a simple "See you later."

You couldn't wait till 7:00.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I hope it was ok! I'm not really a fan of 3-way romances, but I did my best to write the beginning of one. I guess you can imagine the rest :)