Chapter XI: Phantom's Brooch

XI

Wind whipping through her hair, Christine Ramona walked anxiously to Graywood manor. In her arm she clutched a large leather-bound book of spells. Her aura was that of malicious intent and ambition, her reason for arriving here was known only to her.

Swerving through the gravestones that nearly serve as a wall to the house, she approached the large wooden door that led into the Victorian home and entered.

Stating that the blue interior of the house was dreary would be understating. An overwhelming feeling then washed over the demon-possessed teacher. Intensity raging within her head, she swiftly and nonchalantly walked up the decrepit wooden steps.

Flicking her head back and forth, she examined the various trinkets that were laid out on walls and small tables you could barely balance a vase on. Blue and indigo shades stretched throughout the dark hall that lay horizontal at the top of the staircase. Not unsettled, Christine then approached a large French door. Stepping through, she found herself incased within darkness and a slight smell of decay.

Christine sensed candles within the room, and with a blink, there was light. Purple-flamed candles lit the room just enough for Christine to get a bearing on her surroundings. A small table with a white cloth sat in the center of the room, a chandelier of violet hanging above.

With a slam the large leather book hit the table. Christine then feverishly searching the pages, looking for a specific spell. When she found it, she telepathically lured a candle into her hand, and held it just close enough for her to read the words.

Chuckling out loud, Christine looked on at the seemingly innocent recipe on how to raise the dead.

"Step one," She began. "Find a graveyard nearby." Look toward the door she had entered, she continued. "Step two: draw these symbols in blood!" Next to each little step she noticed, was a crudely drawn picture. Christine laughed heartily at the picture of a squirrel being cut open with a small knife, its intestines leaking out with mass amounts of blood. "Oh my God," She whispered, regaining her composure.

Using a small blade, she pricked her finger without a wince. Drawing the intricate designs among the circular table, she finished and returned to the violet-lit book of spells.

"Step three: say this enchantment!" Looking at the words, she chuckled to herself once more. "Could this book be any more enthusiastic about raising the dead?" She asked allowed, followed by a series of Latin phrases. The purple flames around her then began to grow intense, the light shining and forming larger flames within the room.

"Step four:" She exclaimed excitedly. "Release the spirits with your magic!" Her eyes began to eclipse, and red and purple flames began to spin around the room, creating a cyclone of fire. Maniacally laughing, Christine span around with it, releasing the chains of death upon those who indulged within them.

Feeling blissful and excited, Christine couldn't seem to stop the euphoria of chaos that swirled around her existence, though physically taking form right now. The blue room was washed with red and purples now, and she felt a malicious tingling of joy within her head, thinking that at this point, nothing could go wrong.

It was at this moment, that Christine saw a blurry figure appear before her. The figure was dressed in old English clothes, and had a regal manner that would intimidate any normal human. Christine wasn't human, however.

"What the hell do you want?" Christine asked gleefully. "Can't you see that I'm busy, ghost bitch?" The figure's face was blurred by a mist that seemed distant and surreal. Despite not being able to see her eyes, Christine could tell that the phantom was looking on in a disapproving manner.