Chapter 2

Anna was shocked with no idea what had just happened. She walked to her front door, keeping her eyes on the place where the box had left.

She made to her room quite quick. Confused was all she was. Had she even gone up the stairs? Had she been in her bed since she rode her bike home? Had she been dreaming? The Doctor and his blue box and sonic screwdriver and his fez, a dream?

14 MONTHS LATER

Anna was departing from her house on her way to the shop. A year later you'd think something would have happened, but Anna was working everyday still, asking those same questions to herself day after day.

Once she got outside, she hopped on her bike as usual on her way to work. Mrs. Wagner was there to greet her at the front desk. "We open in five," she told Anna. Only Anna wasn't listening to her. She heard a voice coming from the upper floor. The voices sounded of robots and all she could make out was the aggressiveness of the word "EXTERMINATE" repeatedly.

Mrs. Wagner stared at Anna. "Anna Parker, earth to Anna Parker. And we've lost her."

"I'm just going to see what's upstairs. I-I-uh...I thought I heard something. Be right back, promise." Mrs. Wagner was confused why Anna was being so strange. After all, she hadn't heard what Anna heard because she was too old. She had lost her hearing about twenty years ago, and you had to practically yell at her for her to hear.

As Mrs. Wagner walked to the bathroom, Anna was on her way up the stairs. Then, suddenly a man burst through the door and sprinted toward Anna. She quickly turned around, pressed her fingered against her lips and "shushed" him. Right then she quickly and quietly kept walking.

Anna turned right back again, this time slowly. It was the bow tie and fez wearing, overalls, blue box man. Her eyes widened. He just sort of stared at her.

"Hello," he said.