Chapter 5

Michael’s POV

“Sisters!?” I also gasped once the words were spoken. They were sisters? Wait a second….. a rouge that Tristan had brought in was Olivia’s mate. “Dad, is this the rouge that caused you to almost kill my mate?” He nodded. I stood up. “You are not welcome in this pack.” Both Olivia and Tristan growled at me, but I snapped back. “I am your Alpha and she is the reason your Luna might be dead right now.

I headed out the door and headed a few doors down, about to see my mate for the first time since the accident. I sucked in a breath as soon as I had walked in. Her once flawless face was covered in bruises and cuts, and so were her arms. Her leg was in a cast and was being held up by a sling. I slowly sank myself down into the chair next to her bed.

I slipped my hand into hers, bringing it up to my mouth to kiss it. Through the next few days, I never left the spot. People brought me food and water but I didn’t eat, I could eat when she woke up. Also, her parents never came to visit her and that was strange.  That was the only time I had ever left the room: to meet my dad in the hallway. I was still extremely mad at him, but I needed his help.

“Dad, do you know who her parents are? I didn’t think we had any humans on our land.” His facial expression grew thoughtful. “No, son, we don’t have any humans. I’ll go check on that.” I walked back into the room to see nurses fussing over a now awake Sage.

Sage’s POV

I woke up with nurses running back and forth, murmuring to each other. About five minutes later I saw Michael walk in. “Sage! You’re awake!” He came running over to the bed, pushing everyone out of the way of the bed. He sat down next to me and ran a hand through his hair. “I’m so, so sorry Sage.” I looked at him confused.

He realized that I would need my board to talk, so he ran off and came back with my board and marker. Why are you sorry? I wrote. He looked down with tears in his eyes. When he looked back at me, guilt was written all over his face. "My-" He cleared his throat and looked away from me. "My dad was the one who ran the red light, and that's why your here. I'm so, so sorry."

I gripped the board until my knuckles turned white. Tears were running down my face when I wrote something that I knew would break his heart: GO AWAY. I saw him shake his head and come closer. I put my hands up before he could reach me and held up the board again. By now he was crying, and it took everything I had not to take what I had written back.

I shoved the board closer to him until he finally got the message, running out of the room. A little while and a lot of nurses later, my dad walked in. I didn't think he would have the guts to show up in a public place, much less a hospital. He stormed in, made sure his surroundings were clear, then slapped me across the face.

He left only minutes later, after feeling better because he had screamed and hit me. I scooted up a little in bed, wincing at the pain I felt in my rib area and my leg.

A nurse came in and gasped, softy grabbing my face with her small hands. I flinched, and she looked at me like she knew what was going on. I scooted away from her and crossed my arms, I wasn't letting anyone touch me.

Michael's POV

I am a pathetic Alpha. Here I am, sitting in my be under the covers, crying like a little baby. I had been here ever since my own mate had told me to go away, but then again it was my fault. Or rather, my dad's fault. I was still mad at him, and my phone had been ringing off the hook but what was the point? She deserved better than me. (direct quote from After 3 everybody)

My brother's would come in and out, giving me their pity looks. I didn't want anyone's pity though, all I wanted was my mate. Around two hours later, my dad came rushing in with sweat running down his whole body. "Son," He panted, "I know, I know I messed up, but your mother has tried calling you several times and blocked us out. It's Sage. She's going through like a mental phase and no can control it, not even the doctors. We think you can since you're her mate."

I hurriedly got my clothes on and drove as fast as I could to the hospital, then rushed up to her room where I could see my mom, brothers, and Olivia trying to calm her down but it wasn't working. My mate kept thrashing around. Some nurses were trying to hold Sage down but that didn't help: it made it worse. So I went over to the side of the bed that I had sat on for three days and looked her in the eye.

All I saw was anger, confusion, and fear. I gripped her head in my hands so she had to look at me and kissed her with all I had. I put all the anger for my father and love for her into it until a man walked in and she gasped in what looked like.... fear?