Fantastic

A collection of Final Fantasy VII short stories.

Fantastic: Sector I

Fantasy 01: Guardian of the Goldfish

Cloud entrusted Vincent with a very important mission.

A boy was heard narrating... -"The brave knight stood watch over the beautiful princess. He would not let the dragon harm her, he would protect her with his life! The dragon glared at the knight with a challenge reflected in his eyes. He wanted to eat the princess but the knight would not allow it!"-

"Meow! Hiss!" -"The dragon's war cry!"-

"Ow!" -"The knight has been attacked!"-

"Vincent!" Denzel stopped his narration and Marlene rush over to Vincent. She took the cat and held him firmly in her arms. "You need to behave while you're here Dragon."

At Shera's insistence Cid had gotten a cat which meant now Vincent was not only stuck babysitting Marlene and Denzel but also Cid's cat. He didn't mind too much but with Princess around things were significantly harder. But he made a promise to his friend Cloud, he promised he would protect his pet goldfish and even if Dragon made a scratching post out of him he would keep that promise.

To Marlene's amusement Denzel continued with his narration -"and so with the two wizards keeping the dragon busy the knight once again resumed his mission to guard the princess for he is Vincent guardian of the goldfish!"-

xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox

Fantasy 02: Sacrifice

It was late one night and in dimly lit laboratory at Shinra, a woman typed rapidly into a computer. She knew she should be getting some sleep but she could not stop her hands from continuing the swift typing. She had to finish this, there was something she wanted, needed, to know.

Finally with a breath of relief she typed the final codes and completed her secret analysis program, it was a compatibility analysis program. She clicked to start her creation and numbers appeared on the screen. "I thought he liked me more than that..." But the numbers didn't lie the way the heart could. Perhaps that was not the man for her, but there was another, Vincent Valentine.

She ran the program again this time indicating for it to retrieve Vincent's data. The numbers she saw were far more reassuring. She had assumed he only felt friendship for her but when the computer put all the information together it showed it was more than that. "Interesting..."

It was amazing what a woman could learn after entering some codes retrieving a little from the system. It seemed that on an average his looks towards her lasted longer than she thought. The rhythm of his breaths, his heart beats, a person could not detect that with the precision of Shinra's systems just by looking. "Vincent..." She considered the option, though the first didn't leave her thoughts she was now seeing her other option in a new light. "Vincent Valentine..."

She smiled; any other woman would find this scientific process to analyze her possible dates to be too troublesome but not a true woman of science like Dr. Lucrecia Crescent. "Maybe..."

The cursor moved over to another option in her program guided by her curious hand. Shinra had all the information she needed to put their DNA together in a simulation and show her what their children would look like if they had any.

But before she clicked the lights came on. "Working so late? Don't you know it's bad for your eyes to look at a bright screen in a dark room?"

Lucrecia was startled. She couldn't move fast enough to close the program before Hojo appeared behind her and saw it. "I was just about to finish." She tried to get his attention away from the screen but failed.