CHApteR 5

(KAreN's STorY)

I closed my eyes, I could feel the crunching of gravel beneath my feet. I could feel the November wind blowing, and the warmth of my wooden katana on my hand. I could smell Izanagi-Ojii-sama's hot green tea, as he sat down, and watched me.

I was being put to the test, al the things I've learned in my life from Izanagi-Ojii-sama. He was my grandfather, he was the toughest fighter, my wise mentor, and my only family.

Silence. Nothingness, I kept still. blindfolded, I must pass this test, or I won't survive, and I won't be so lucky as last year.

I was such a brighter person last year, I thought to myself. Not paying attention to the games as most kids were. I thought it was just a myth, a legend. But i have should have known better, I was supposed to revolve around kami, a spirit, but my lack of maturity. . . . . almost costed me own demise.

Dumb luck. I always had it. My father and my mother died during the 'games', it's dumbluck how I even survived. I was believed to be dead, but when they were cleaning up the dead. They found me with the dead, blood was my blanklet, and Death was my Teddy bear/  I had barely a pulse, but I 'came back from the dead' as the doctors said. From that moent on, my Izana-Ojii-sama recllamied me, and trained me. However, I just wanted to live a normal life, but that wasn’t going to happen. The ‘Games’ were my life. I can never escape them, but I’d at least have to survive.

‘You are loosing your stance!’ Ojii-sama called to me. ‘Clear your mind, find your oppenent, take no prisoners, have no mercy.’ He said. ‘Yes, Ojii-sama.’

(A/N Ojii-sama in Japanese means grandfather, the -sama part means to have respect and be titled in honor. katana is a japanese sword, and before you recieve a real steel katana people usually use wooden ones for sports such as Kendo, but wooden ones are used for practice.)

****FLASHBACK****

Four mean looking boys were surrounding me, they were at least doubled my size!'

 'HOW UNFAIR! I don't want to do this! I want to go with my friends!!!' Eight year-old Karen said.

'SILENCE!! YOU WILL TRAIN!!' Ojii-sama said to me

'Grouchy old man' I said under my breathe.

He raised his hand which meant to dimiss the four boys.

He walked up to me......

SMAACCKKKK

Right across my check, having a stinging sensation that stung against the tender skin. I could feel the red mark of his hand on my check as if he kept smacking me over and over again. Oh wait he was.

'YOU UNGRATEFUL! NO DINNER FOR YOU! STAY OUTSIDE!'

With that I layed on the ugly dirt ground, crying untill I had no more tears. Screaming until my voice ran out. Feeling my strength fading.

'I'm so hungry, I'm so tired....'

'anD weAK'

'Who said that?'

'i DOnT hAvE A naME, bUT iM wHAt yoU coULd PeOPLe sAy ; iNsaNITy.'

'That's insane (Wow how ironic) insanity isn't a..person...it...it....it c...c.couldn't TALK!'

'TrUE bUT I Am A paRT of YOu'

'You expect me to believe you?......How are you a part of me?'