Chapter 5

The timing might not be right but I don't really care

That night I had a nightmare.

I woke up in covered in cold sweat.

I can't remember anything except a blonde girl and a pine tree. I also remembered that it was scary.

I didn't know what time it was, and my room didn't have a clock. I decided to go to the dining room, which Hades had shown me earlier. Slowly, I got out of bed. I was still pretty tired, but something told me it was morning. I walked down the hallway, trying to remember the way to the dining room. I didn't want to accidentally walk into a room that I wasn't allowed in, because that would probably end with me in trouble.

I finally managed to find the dining room. When I got there, there was a pretty lady sitting in a chair. She was eating cereal, but she didn't look happy about it. Then I noticed a older, but just as pretty, lady sitting next to her. She was also eating cereal, and she was very enthusiastic about it.

I stood in the doorway. I had found the dining room, but now what?

The older lady looked up and saw me. Luckily, she didn't look mad, just confused. She looked me up and down, then she said,

"Poseidon, why are you here? And why do you look seven?" I turned around to see if anyone was behind me. There wasn't, so I turned my head back to look at the ladies. By now the younger looking lady was also watching me. I pointed at myself and asked them,

"Excuse me miss, are you talking to me?" The older lady nodded.

"Oh, well I'm not Poseidon, or whatever you called me earlier. I am Percy Jackson."  Just then uncle Hades walked in. When he saw me he smiled. He then turned to the two ladies.

"Demeter, Persephone, I see you have met my nephew, Percy Jackson."

"Is he a child of Zeus or Poseidon?"

"Poseidon, as of I would allow a child of Zeus in my home."

"Speaking of which, I saw the monsters you sent after Zeus' daughter. He won't be happy that you killed her."

"He tried to kill my children first!"

"I know that, but that doesn't mean you can kill his children too!"

"I was just giving him a taste of his own medicine, and anyways, it's not my fault he can't kill someone properly."

"Hades! That's... I don't even know, was that supposed to be offensive?"

"Maybe...." Hades mumbled.

"Oh grow up!" I watched as the younger lady and uncle Hades fought. They weren't really fighting, just having a loud conversation with lots of eye-rolling. It was very amusing. But after a while, I decided to cut in,

"Excuse me," Everyone's head snapped to look in my direction.

"I..uh...Aww man! I forgot what I was going to say! Poop." When I finished my sentence, the younger lady laughed. Then the older lady laughed too. Uncle Hades also started laughing after a moment, but I didn't see what was so funny. I just sort of stood there with a confused expression on my face until they stopped laughing. Luckily for me, they didn't laugh for very long. Once they had stopped laughing, the older lady turned to me and said,

"So, you're Percy, eh? I'm Demeter, your aunt, I guess. That's.." She pointed to the younger lady "Persephone, my daughter. She also happens to be your aunt. Man that's messed up." She mumbled the last part, but I still heard it. I also heard Persephone ask Hades,

"What are you planning to do with the boy? You can't keep him here. I am sure Poseidon will be mad at you. He probably thinks you 'kidnapped' his son." I turned and looked at her.

"Miss Persephone, if you want me to leave, I will. I just needed somewhere to sleep."

"Oh no  sweetheart, that's not it at all! We just don't want your father to worry about you."

"Why would he worry about me? After all, I'm just a mistake to him." Realization flashed across Persephone and Demeter face. Suddenly, Hades turned towards Persephone and Demeter and started speaking in a different language. I didn't understand anything that was being said, but I could tell they were talking about me. Once their conversation was over, Demeter turned and kneeled down in front of me.

"Have you already been to Olympus?" I nodded "Would would like to go there again?" I nodded again, it's not like I had anything better to do.

"Ok, Persephone and I will take you to Olympus in an hour or so. Sound like a plan?"

"Sure! But what about uncle Hades?" I asked

"Uh..Hades isn't allowed on Olympus." Persephone told me.

"What! Why not?"

"Um, Zeus doesn't like Hades very much, and Olympus is run by Zeus."

"That stinks, Zeus is a big bully. He tried to smite me the other day." I turned and looked at Hades,

"If I ran Olympus, you would be allowed because you are very kind to me." Uncle Hades smiled at me, then his eye lit up, as if he had had a brilliant idea.

"Hey Percy, do you want to see your mom one last time?"

Hey! Did you enjoy this chapter? It's really short by my standards, 870 words long. I am going to try to update like 5 more times before June 14, because that's when I leave for my summer camp and I can't have electronics there.  That said, I will try to update all of my stories a lot before I leave for camp, and a lot when I get back.

P.S. My camp is 8 weeks long, overnight. That means no updates for a while. Sorry!