-Chapter 7-

Vote if you enjoy!

I hesitate outside of Umbridge's office. My hand is raised to knock, but I just can't make myself do it. I could just run. I've never had a detention before, I'm generally a pretty good student. I've never spoken back to a teacher before, ever, except outside of class... But the other professors are like my family! Everyone snaps at family!

knock knock knock

"Come in!" Her voice chimes, and I gulp, pushing the heavy wooden door open. I step into her office, looking around in disbelief. "Good evening Miss Potter. Sit." I shake my head. The walls are pink and adorned with hundreds of mewing cat plates. Her desk is adorned with an assortment of pink items. Everything- I mean everything- Is in some way pink.

"You'll be doing some lines for me today, Potter" She spits my name, as if it's hard for her to say. She motions to her desk, where a quill lies next to a blank piece of parchment. I nod, sitting down on the seat adjacent to the piece of paper.

"Professor?" I say, glancing around for some sort of ink,

"Yes?"

"I don't have any ink."

"Oh you won't need any ink. That quill is a rather special one of mine," She says, picking up her cup of tea and walking over to the window. "Now I want you to write, I must not tell lies,"

"How many times?"

"Until I believe it has sunk in," She murmurs, and I sigh. That could mean twice or two thousand times. I begin to write,

I must not-

My hand starts to burn. I wince as the burning turns into pain. I watch as the words slowly etch themselves into my skin.

tell lies.

I gasp, dropping the quill and pressing against my hand as my skin screams in pain. I turn to Umbridge. She nods to herself. She turns to me, walking around her desk to face me.

"Yes?"

"Nothing." I gulp, folding my hands onto my lap.

"That's right. Because you know, deep down, you deserve to be punished. Don't you, Miss McGonagal." I glare at her, "You are dismissed,"

xxx

I storm down the corridors, running my fingers over my hand. I can't believe- If Minerva found out- How could Dumbledore have hired this women? I guess he mustn't have had a choice. He's far to busy at the moment with everything anyway. It was probably easier to just let the Ministry have their way. I hear someone walking behind me, but I ignore them. I turn a corner out onto the battlements, kick off at a run and skin around a corner until I finally stop. I slam my foot into the stone wall of the castle, yelling. I slump against the stone. Whenever it was that was following me before's feet tap against the stone floor, and they run around the corner, eyes landing on me.

Draco watches me. Half amused, half concerned. I'm sitting against the battlement wall, knees folded up to my chest, hands tangled on my lap. He goes to say something, then hesitates.

"Er, How was it?"

"Stupendous, thanks Draco," I say, looking away from him.

"Oh," I hear him walk closer, "Is she really that bad?"

"Worse than," I spit, standing up and looking over the wall. "She's awful."

"Well my father-" I roll my eyes,

"Isn't you father a Death Eater Draco? Wouldn't he think that anything that caused Dumbledore issues was absolutely wonderful?!" I snap, turning to him, Draco stops. We've never really brought up the whole Death Eater thing. We don't talk about it.

"My Father is a great man!"

"You're Father may have once been a great man, but he works for the man the killed my parents! Forgive me if I don't worship him like you do!"

"Worship him? Do you have any idea-" He spits, "You don't even know what you're talking about! You know nothing about-"

"My parents-"

"Yes. Exactly. Your parents. Not you, Clara. Your brother. Not you. You have never done anything- Don't act like you know what you're talking about! You've never fought or even- You- I- I bet you don't even know what a fight looks like! What a Death Eater looks like!"

"You're parents-"

"Yes. My parents. Not me!" Draco yells,

"Well you're acting like a selfish vile little git right now so you may as well be!" I snap, cheeks bright red. I look away from him. I went too far. I know I did. He opens his mouth to speak, then stops.

"You know what Clara? Fine." He mutters, turning away. "You win." We walks away. I groan. Not like this. He can't leave like this. I turn around and run after him. I shouldn't of taken it out on him. He didn't deserve it. I overtake him and step in front of him, blocking his path. He stops.

"Draco, I'm sorry I-"

"I came out here to make sure you, yes you, Clara Potter, whom I should hate, was all right, and I get this?"

"I know..."

"You're a right bitch sometimes Clara. You know that right?" I nod. I go up to him and hug him.

"I'm sorry," I mutter, pulling back, he glances at my hands. He tries to take my left one- My hurt one- but I pull it away.

"Hey give me your-"

"No!"

"I will forgive you if you-"

"It doesn't work like that!"

"Give me your hand Potter or I'll never speak to you again!"

"Lies!" I smirk. He looks away, pretending not to hear me. I scowl.

"Low blow, Malfoy."

He takes my hand, inspecting it. "Did she..?" I nod, before pulling my hand back.

"I can see why you were angry," He says, wincing.

"She called me 'Miss McGonagal'" I cry, he smirks.

"Oh no! She wouldn't dare!" He says theatrically, gasping and putting his hand to his forehead as if he were about to faint. I elbow him.

"Shut up Malfoy!"

"Potter," He chuckles, elbowing me back.

xxx

I enter the Gryffindor common room an hour later than I was meant to. I hurry over to where Hermione, Ron and Harry were sitting on one of the large red couches in front of he fire.

"There you are!" Hermione says, grinning at me as she makes room for me beside her.

"Thought she'd killed you!" smirks Ron, Harry rolls his eyes.

"What did she make you do anyway?" Harry asks.

"Lines," And that is all they need to know. It gets too complicated otherwise. Draco was right- I've never done anything heroic myself. This is my fight.

xxx
(Just came back to edit ok bye)

Early chapter this weekend woo

I've been sick all week guys help.

Hope you liked it!

Thanks for reading!

Taylor xx